Life on the Buses 2018

Yep. Heavy fine. And with cameras on and off the bus, pretty much a given.

When you lack the nous to hold down a clerking job at a c-store, you drive busses.

1 Like

The lady on the bus next to me decided to have an elephant-sized breakfast after getting on her seat, and then proceeded to throw up from Yilan to Taipei.

2 Likes

“At depot” is meaningless for a passenger waiting. My first thought is where is the depot and would I need to walk to depot. Could be coming or not coming or in 2 minutes or in 1 day later or it’s broken.

Coming soon, service over, OK.

20181119_221448

20181119_221903

Me, carrying many bags and feeling dizzy m, enter bus, see a an empty seat near window and a man in the aisle seat. I signal I will sit he does that side movement to let me pass in front of him. I am carrying stuff so I first put my bag on the floor in front of the seat I am trying to get to. He seemed like a perv and kept looking at my body so I don’t want to go in rubbing my goodies on his face as I try to sit. Politely ask him to move so I can sit, he says he can’t move (he was not disabled nor anything). I said ‘ok, can you then sit by the window so I can sit here by the aisle as I see no way of getting in?’. His response was no again and even tried to persuade me to still sit inside. Eventually I gave up and stood up all the way. What a freak!

1 Like

Google Maps started tagging bus locations as they approach.

4 Likes

I’ve wondered why there are no birds on the bus. Mystery solved.

20181121_190335~2

20181121_190335

1 Like

And no food, but people eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on the bus.

I saw a woman on the bus scrolling thru Facebook. She must have liked about 80-90 posts in less than 60 seconds. I mean she even didn’t look what were they about, she was just a 讚 giver!

1 Like

kind of like a re-gifter. in their case above, just passing likes on.

1 Like

She was a record re-gifter

could be a paid fake account owner. they probably earn money for this.

2 Likes

Many people do it just out of habit, it’s not uncommon for me to post a few photos with a wall of text and receive a few likes within instants from some people, even if there’s literally 0% chance they have had the time to watch all the photos and read the whole text.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call that an “issue”; I’d call it a plus, and it (along with the cheap MRT) are things I looooove about Taipei.

Think bus drivers are assholes today? Hop into your time machine and go back to 1990, when drivers wouldn’t even come to a full stop at bus stops and old ladies would end up falling when they tried to board or get off. Or they would rush past the stop you were waiting at by using a “line of sight” trick to hide behind other buses going by your stop. Bus riding in Taipei is an absolute pleasure compared to back then.

My main complaint about buses today is the lack of seats, and of those that exist, fully half of them are designated as priority seats. Really, not that many need to be.

2 Likes

Serial likers, they even don’t know what they just liked. They probably don’t know why they like their boyfriend/husband.

1 Like

I remember those days. I was skipped over so often by drivers employing the line of sight trick that I was ready to grab a rock so that I could hurl it at the bus should the driver ignore my frantic waving.

1 Like

Some infinite wisdom has decided that adding an additional action to swipe card getting on AND off every time will decrease time.

1. The people that now hop on and off knowing the system will now have to delay getting on or off so they can swipe the card
  2. PLUS waiting for people whose card doesn’t work or for people that don’t have a card and have to pay with coins.
  3. and if one person can’t find their card, then everyone else has to wait behind instead of hopping on or off without a need to swipe.

On the face of it it appears to be a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. I’ve never seen anyone confused about whether they need to swipe their card getting on or getting off the bus. Have seen the very occasional person “forget” so perhaps fare evasion is a bigger problem than it appears.

Kind of bizarre decision.

Currently everyone that can get off the bus without swiping just jumps off, now everyone will have to queue up and wait to swipe card to exit. And if one person can’t find card…

I expect we’re going to start hearing a lot of shouting from the back of the bus to "wait wait wait 等一下”.

Maybe they should also do like Amsterdam trams, must get on in the front and exit at the back.

It’s shown in BIG characters on every bus.