Life on the Buses 2019

As a resolution to people wasting time at the bus door looking for their card once, will now have to waste time looking for their card twice.

“New system will reduce confusion” hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:rofl::rofl::rofl::wall::wall::wall:

Seriously?? It’s really not that hard to just glance up at the sign and see whether you swipe getting on or off. They even color-code it on some buses.

When everyone is looking down at their phones, it’s hard to see the sign… :wall:

Just look for 上 and 下 on the illuminated sign inside the bus (上車收票) etc. If you don’t read Chinese, 上 points up, so pay when getting on. Likewise, 下 points down, so pay when getting off.

and so it begins…

1 Like

This morning - This is my 2nd time to take a bus going to hospital taking my younger brother and he was in a wheelchair.

The driver was very kind and helpful and we really appreciate and even asked where is our destination. However not knowing that 1 passenger was highly unlikely not happy that we are boarding the bus and everyone are going to work and it was 830 am and I think we took his time and other’s people time for about 2 minutes or so…

This man on the phone start to talking in lower voice and in “English” saying that how much he dislike the disable person to take a bus and he wish he could take MRT because it was clean and so on… I can’t control myself so I speak out so loud and I apologized to everyone that we took their time and again apologized this is the only way I can take my brother to hospital and I don’t have much cash to pay for special car for people in wheelchair.

I don’t know why some people are rude and ignorant…

To everyone taking buses - please do understand the people in wheelchair didn’t intend to rub your time…perhaps that’s the only way we can afford to pay, it happens that it was their schedule for check up and so on.

10 Likes

no need to explain.
that guy is a major dick.
he should thank God every day and twice on Sunday that he can walk

5 Likes

Sorry you had the misfortune of being around such an asshole.

1 Like

Oh noooo!

I would have lost my mind on that asshole and made sure everyone saw… Only up to, but not exceeding the threshold of ‘Public Insult’.

I think that 99.9999% of people are perfectly aware of that. You just had the bad luck of sharing bus with a sub-human who thought that complaining about someone on a wheelchair was a good thing to do.

4 Likes

In Austin the bus driver take freaking forever to load up and let off a wheel chair passenger, and it seems as if only people on wheelchairs take the bus there. I seen a few who struggles to get up the ramp and the driver won’t help. Is there a law against that or what?

On the MRT the wheelchair guy just rolls on the train, no delays due to them.

Double swiping also starts today!

At least they made it attractive to follow the new procedure:

During the first phase, passengers are encouraged to swipe twice, but they will not be penalized if they fail to do so. In fact, those who swipe twice will be eligible for a special prize lottery, with the more rides in which they swipe twice, the greater their odds of winning.

2 Likes

That’s smart…

If you have a 30 day pass, increase your odds by riding the bus as often as possible and avoiding the MRT!

I’d you have 30 day pass AND a lot of free time… :wink:

I wondered if the double swiping works or not. The machine response was just like before in saying that you’ve already paid.

1 Like

I did it this morning, it accepted the second swipe. Red 38

Bus 307. One said I already paid, coming back it accepted the fare. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It should still differ as to whether the first or second swipe is actually accepted, because on long journeys both will sometimes still be accepted.