Life on the MRT 2019

I hope it doesn’t end up becoming a mosquito house, as in it never opens for whatever reasons… you know like the Berlin airport…

The other way around: New Taipei Mass Transit Corporation stalling so Tsai does not get the credit. Remember the economy is in the shallows because DPP does not accept 1992 consensus, etc ad nauseam.

I do find it weird that rents have gone up…But not as high as you’d think for a new line. Something is afoot indeed.

I’ve been following this thread for a while…I just want to say that I hope next year when Taichung MRT finally opens those of down in Taichung or passing through can share some (hopefully not too) crazy stories of our own.

1 Like

The circle line is really only to speed up going from places like xinjhuan to banciao (currently you have to get on the orange line and keep going until zhongshao xinseng when banciao is only across the river).

Places that the circle line cover aren’t places that you couldn’t get to by MRT previously, it only makes the MRT station closer. So I don’t think there’s any reason to raise rent significantly.

I’m more excited about that line opening which is weird :grin:.

Rents would go up more if there’s more demand to live in that specific area.
Much of the demand for renters in Taipei city, believe it or not , comes from families who want to have their kids go to the local schools.
Rents have a hard limit cos folks will just purchase an apartment in the suburbs at a certain amount or they move to a cheaper place a little further out. Fortunately there is no lack of housing here !

I would think the DPP administration would get as much credit . I reckon they still have some small concerns, nobody gets fired by waiting till they are ironed out. BTW anybody notice the trains already look weathered from all the test rides already . :grinning:
Getting more alcohol swabs and masks in to deal with the increased infection risk. :sunglasses::joy:

What’s great about the Circle Line is it adds MRT system connectivity for areas that are too far off the main lines to walk to a station. It’s definitely enough to significantly increase land values in those newly served neighborhoods of New Taipei.

For example if you live near Jingping or Xiulang Bridge you can now very easily either get over to Jingan Station to get into the city, or over to Dapinglin to get anywhere along the green line.

If you live near Xingfu station you can now easily get down to the Orange Line or to Banqiao for further connectivity along the Blue Line, or up north to the Taoyuan Airport MRT.

It’s great for those kinds of transfer trips. For point to point along the Circle Line itself, no it’s not really meant for that.

In five years when the Wanda Line opens (light green, starts at CKS Memorial Hall and connects to the Circle Line at Zhonghe Station) then even more trips will open up. The Wanda Line + the Circle Line will really transform transit access in the Zhonghe/Yonghe area.

Pfftt. Based on reports I’ve.heard, it won’t be open till the next decade!

1 Like

I would love for the Ankeng line to open and move to the mountains.

1 Like

Do your kids prefer thinner, cooler air?
:cat: :cat: :cat: :dog: :mount_fuji: :cat: :cat: :cat:

1 Like

I think the current bus from Xindian district office or their country buses could be faster in many cases. Go for it.

In summer yes.

In winter, it is easier to cozy under a cover. But summer is inescapable.

Yes, and a tenth of the price.

What aggravates me often is there’s no stop at Linsen on the Green Line. That would be more useful

2 Likes

I saw what you did there.

Guy

1 Like

:astonished:

oh. :worried:

Apparently, the word up to today is no, Circular line will not open before end of year. We’ll see…

The fun continues in 2020: