Life on the MRT 2019

So, you buy a new car cash, don’t have it fully covered by insurance. When you total it it’s scrap. You just buy a new car and pay cash?

seems accurate.

Like when one of those drunk drivers crash into it…

The official answer is “before the end of the year”, meaning we are good if it happens December 31st at 11:59 pm

Wasn’t that what they claimed last year too?

Yep.

1 Like

Well they can’t really approve it, I believe the peoples representatives like the Executive Yuan will do that :wink:

Seriously though, that light railway/street car would fix the public transport on Shezi, connect the new science park to the MRT, bring customers to the half empty shopping malls in Tianmu, connect TAS/TJS to the MRT (if you are willing to walk a couple of minutes since you would exit at the back of TAS) and MOST IMPORTANTLY support the property prices in Tianmu and Shezi, which could really use some assistance. I think the electorate will be excited beyond belief if they are told the story in the right manner :smile:

How does that half empty shopping mall in Tienmu stay in business and still offer regular free shuttle buses?

How expensive do you think operating a shuttle bus is vs. let’s say the cost of electricity for the mall?

1 Like

Because the food court is always packed, and the bakeries etc do well. They only really get crowded during the annual sales and CNY for the actual shopping, same as most department stores.

More than two decades later, it’s hard to imagine life in Taipei without the MRT. But it seems that this troubled history of the MRT’s beginnings has been forgotten.

Fires, derailments, lightning strikes, corruption and shoddy construction

1 Like

A great article, already linked and discussed over here:

Cheers,
Guy

https://tw.mobi.yahoo.com/news/起來-搭捷運坐博愛座疑未讓位-金髮女遭扯頭髮-014636680.html

Omg.

Thanks for linking the video properly.

I swear…this woman is so out of line with this shit.

And people just stand there and let her get away with it? Messed up.

And she didn’t sit down?!

1 Like

All cowards!

Eh, you can’t blame city folk for not getting involved. I mean, you never know what somebody might do, or if legal repercussions might spill over onto you.

In a rambling Facebook post which she later deleted she claimed she was asking the other girl to move for an OAP who was standing and not for herself. Her brother(?) later posted that she had been drinking that day and is someone who shouldn’t really drink.

3 Likes