Life on the MRT 2019

Some non-undead entities have perfectly good reasons to get off at Xiaonanmen. Just saying. :face_with_monocle:

Dude. I ride that line every day. And nobody ever gets on or disembarks at Wanlong or Xiaonanmen. I often wonder why those stations even exist.

Wanlong: access to urban mountain park – walk all the way through and come out the other side near the brown line! :mountain: :hiking_boot: :deciduous_tree: :palm_tree: :grinning: Also at least one government building and some shopping.

Xiaonanmen: Botanical Gardens and a bunch of government buildings. I guess it depends on the time of day. :cactus:

1 Like

Meh. The two people who need that crap should take a taxi.

Save the environment. Take the train! :walking_man: :metro: :walking_woman:

1 Like

I lived right next to the Wanlong station for three years. It was great not having to deal with the crowds, and whenever my toilet was on the fritz I could just hop on down to the station. Pretty sure that’s why it exists.

3 Likes

We’ve needed this for years.

Go to pretty much any other tourist destination in Asia and you see Korean signage. They travel, they spend money and…well, they are a group of people who are good visitors. I saw and tried to help out a group in Ximen a few weeks ago - they were trying to navigate using a Korean guidebook and only one of the group spoke English (that was only slightly better than my Korean).

1 Like

so the circle line is supposed to be open at the end of the year. Any confirmed date?

XiaoNanMen is v useful for the NIA office.

2 Likes

More useful than a taxi?

Yes, definitely. Also for Carrefour in Hsimending or perusing the wonders of the South Gate and the nearby district

“More useful than a taxi?” Why would you take a taxi there when the MRT station is so close???

1 Like

There was a MOC meeting a few weeks ago to figure out if they can open it or not. It sounded like they did not reach a decision. Still confirming that all testing has been completed appropriately I think. They will probably try to open it at the last minute this year if possible, but it’s down to the wire now so a good chance it will be pushed to Q1.

Rumor in the hood is…next year.

Maybe for the January 31st…Maybe this year…Maybe next…

Wanglong: awesome Shandong cuisine place led by people who were already old when they came here with CKS… The Pot Plant Market -sorry, Potted- that is not too full to shop and has a cute veggie market too…

Xiaonanmen: aside from NIA, the Botanical Gardens and the Presidential Office for those who work there

1 Like

It’s politics. The MOC, which is part of the Tsai administration, is stalling and delaying opening of the line, which runs within New Taipei, until after the election. How can they give it the green light now and allow Mayor Hou of the KMT get all the credit?

I hope it doesn’t end up becoming a mosquito house, as in it never opens for whatever reasons… you know like the Berlin airport…

The other way around: New Taipei Mass Transit Corporation stalling so Tsai does not get the credit. Remember the economy is in the shallows because DPP does not accept 1992 consensus, etc ad nauseam.

I do find it weird that rents have gone up…But not as high as you’d think for a new line. Something is afoot indeed.

I’ve been following this thread for a while…I just want to say that I hope next year when Taichung MRT finally opens those of down in Taichung or passing through can share some (hopefully not too) crazy stories of our own.

1 Like