Life on the MRT 2020

I think it’s telling you your accumulated monthly credit. They cancelled the ride discount using the card and now instead you get a month end credit to the card based on your total spend.

Either that or you need to adjust the dosage.

Changes coming tomorrow. No word on whether the birds need to be masked.

Guy

5 Likes

Bird flu has not been heard of in a while.

ABC? or ABT?

I thought so too until my wifey bought one for my cat. Its awesome, we can actually take him to a restaurant and sit outside (illegal inside in california) and eat without him misbehaving as cats tend to be, they won’t sit quietly by your side on a leash usually. Afterwards we walk him on his lease and he jumps in and out of his cat carrier.

3 Likes

Leg tattoo suggests a southerner. Gangster acolyte.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s 2020.

Oops, did I say that out loud? :doh:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

TBT

1 Like

Do you ever walk through an MRT stations to avoid the rain or
avoid the heat or
to add extra coins to your yo-yo card or
to cross a busy road or
some other reason besides using the MRT?

4 Likes

All the time, between Zhongxiao Dunhua and Zhongxiao Fuxing. It’s got shops, eateries and art all in one air-conditioned corridor. It’d be nice if they could extend that corridor to Taipei Main.

3 Likes

Nawww cause then I have to contend with stairs.

Bloody stairs.

1 Like

People use MRT stations to exercise, if you do a few laps it adds up.

1 Like

Buy cake ?

https://www.bnext.com.tw/article/49776/yannick-vending-machine-type-store-in-mrt

2 Likes

Unfortunately the benefits of MRT station exercise are reduced if/when I stop at that cake machine!

Guy

2 Likes

Toilet!

Has the policy changed over the years? Long ago I thought you could pop in and out of the same station and not get charged - but that wasn’t the case last time I did this, a couple of years ago.

1 Like

If you ask nicely, they’ll let you in and out. : D

Guy

1 Like

Ah. Only very rarely an issue anyway, because there’s almost always a washroom outside the fare-paid zone. It was just a weird situation - maybe CKS? - where I was at one end, the washrooms were at the other and I needed to either go through the fare-paid zone or go way up and out and around and down again. I thought it’d be free, but it wasn’t.

Au contraire it’s quite common! Off hand, Xindian stn, Xindian Dist Office(?), QiZhang have toilets inside the pay area, there are many, many others. Got ripped for 20nt recently in one of those! I believe you can let the staff know and they will let you in for free, that may have changed though after the local Youtuber listed it as one method of getting free MRT rides.

1 Like