Life on the MRT 2022

I saw one of this tribe (female version) last weekend. She was watching her device, dumped some drink she had all over MRT floor, and barely noticed.

No one called her out.

Guy

2 Likes

Because it usually causes a fight.

50% + 1? Really? I doubt it.

More to the point, this kind of socioindifferent species is not great going forward. Lack of accountability, lack of awarenessā€”itā€™s not great is it.

Guy

1 Like

Why didnā€™t you call her out?

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve used my quota telling people to put on their masks.

Iā€™ll let someone else handle the spilled drinks.

Guy

1 Like

Sometimes I just wanna go home and not in the mood to deal with entitled fucks.

Yes.

Girl butts in front of me in line and takes the last locker and screams at me, BuT mY bOYfRiEnD waS sTayyyInG HeREEEEEE

Meanwhile, heā€™s like 10 metres away.

Then thereā€™s the various Han Fans Iā€™ve had to ask to shut up while they scream about how Tsaiā€™s ruining the country on the MRT.

2 Likes

Based on those experiences, youā€™ve had your quota filled too! :grin:

Guy

ā€¦Yep.

I pick my battles. But I definitely have fully lost my mind on the more racist ones.

Of course, never defamatory.

1 Like

Siri doesnā€™t understand you when wearing a mask

Chen Mei-fei (陳ē¾Žå¦ƒ), an independent candidate in last monthā€™s Taichung mayoral election, complained that the font on the sign listing the size limits on items was too small to be read clearly and said ā€œthis is sick,ā€ and ā€œtreating people like fools.ā€ Chen eventually became so exasperated that she punctured the balloon.

To be honest, that balloon wasnā€™t exactly going to take up the whole mrt. Its neck was slightly too long. Big deal.

Not worth arguing for an hour over.

Plus, that kid looks a little too big for a balloon.

1 Like

Fold it in half? Let some air out?

2 Likes

On the Taichung MRT? Probably not going to be that many people and even on the more crowded days. On the busy days Iā€™ve been on it Iā€™ve felt like there was still plenty of room.

1 Like

Yep. That neck looks like it can be folded.

No. Thatā€™s too difficult for some people.

Tick the box, donā€™t think outside it

Just a one hour argument and a balloon deflated under duress? No gang beating, no hospitalization, no hate campaign? Meh, first world. :cactus:

2 Likes

Puffy jackets should be banned on MRT.

Sat between 2 it was hell.

1 Like

Was once sat next to guy on a long flight wearing one. He was sweating his arse off but still kept it on. He also had a kid on his lap. By the end of the flight, the floor was basically a rubbish tip because he just threw half eaten snacks, drinks and even used tissues on the floor.

I hate those jackets because they remind me of that guy.

3 Likes

Why did you wear one on a long flight?

2 Likes