LIFESAVER Bottle Taiwan Exclusive Distributor

LIFESAVER Bottle Taiwan Exclusive Distributor

LIFESAVER bottle is the World’s first all in one ultra filtration water bottle. It can remove 99.99999% of all Bacteria, Cysts, Parasites, Fungi and 99.999% of Viruses all without the use of any chemicals.

It is now used by UN Peacemakers, NATO, British Army, Canadian Army, Operation Blessing, and MSF around the world.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your questions on our LIFESAVER Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/LIFESAVERWATER or visit our LIFESAVER Taiwan Homepage http://www.lifesaver.com.tw/. Or you can shoot us an email directly at sales@lifesaver.com.tw

edited: email wasn’t working

Your email address isn’t working.

What’s the cost of a bottle?

Interesting that the Taiwanese distributor is charging double the US prices. US$150 (NT$4,290) for the 4000 litre version in the Home of the Free, but NT$8,690 for the same thing here. :ponder:

Hi Jaboney,
Sorry about the email address. I had an typo in the email. The email is sales@lifesaver.com.tw
You can also see the full product and price list here: lifesaver.com.tw/buy.htm

Hi Taffy,
Regarding the price,we really did try to reduce the price as much as we could, but with the lack of economy of scale in Taiwan, everything shipped directly from UK, and tax, insurance, warranty, warehousing, and after sales included, we really couldn’t go any lower.

As someone directly involved in the import and distribution of EU products for sale on the Taiwan domestic market, I find this explanation of charging double the overseas MSRP extremely hard to believe. Not that it matters much, as I’m sure you’ll find out, setting your Taiwan retail price sky high compared to overseas MSRP only opens the door to grey market importers who’ll easily undercut you while taking advantage of your marketing investment. Also it gives private buyers from Taiwan all the incentive they need to simply order from the Hong Kong or Japan distributers or from an overseas online seller like Amazon or Ebay where even after shipping and duty it’ll be cheaper than the double MSRP you’re asking. Good luck.

[quote=“albwang”]Hi Jaboney,
Sorry about the email address. I had an typo in the email. The email is sales@lifesaver.com.tw
You can also see the full product and price list here: lifesaver.com.tw/buy.htm

Hi Taffy,
Regarding the price,we really did try to reduce the price as much as we could, but with the lack of economy of scale in Taiwan, everything shipped directly from UK, and tax, insurance, warranty, warehousing, and after sales included, we really couldn’t go any lower.[/quote]Thanks. I’d really like a couple of these for my ‘holy shit’ pack, but there’s no way I can justify paying that premium.

So, retail overhead, warehousing, storage, transport etc in the UK don’t cost ten times what they cost in Taiwan, then, do they? Loverly…

I am pretty damn sure that the cost of the above is far higher than the cost of shipping the occasional container for export to Taiwan and retail here.

Unfortunately typical of so many importers of good quality kit that shoot themselves in the foot by renting the most expensive piece of real estate they can in XinYi district to sell socks and then charge two or three times Europe prices and wonder why people buy online. :loco:

Edit:

sorry to be picky, but look at this comment from their FAQ:

[ul]Q. Could the LIFESAVER bottle be used to filter and drink urine?
A. You can filter urine with the LIFESAVER bottle and it will remove all microbiological contamination however as there is a certain amount of salt in urine the resulting water will have a level of salt dissolved into it that the LIFESAVER bottle will not remove. This will increase as the urine is repeatedly filtered.

We suggest that you could potentially do this up to four times before the salt levels become dangerous. However it is recommend that you seek alternate water sources before using the LIFESAVER bottle in this way.[/ul]

Um, urine has no microbial contamination in it. All the ‘bad’ things in urine (the reason we make urine to get rid of them) are water soluble, and go right through the filter to be drunk again. So you’re recommending to people that they should essentially drink their own piss? That’s a good one! (not that there’s anything wrong with drinking piss, i do regularly).

good grief, is this company still around?