Lifestyle Research

Not me, Holger. I’m not in the least god-fearing. I spit in the eye of that big girl’s blouse.

Well, the person sending this used an oriented email address, i guess:

===

Courtesy of ______________________________________
ORIENTED The online community network for
Taiwan’s global professionals
http://www.oriented.org

===

Funny one. If anyone get any better con letter then post it.

A bit of a giveaway.

Bonjour Pierre

Could I recommend some better words to avoid delays in the obviously enticing offer

Should you be able to advance the necessary US$3,000,000, from your readily available funds, we could commence this project at an early date.

Please advise how you propose to transfer the advance, and the address of your scrap merchant. I will rely on your integrity to remit me half of the scrap sale price, and accept any variation from my original estimate.

Hey Pierre - I got a bite.

Would you like this gentleman’s email address?

DEAR PIEERE,
THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL.BUT I WILL LIKE TO LET YOU
UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING
TO TELL ME ABOUT THIS YOUR BUSSINESS.PLEASE KINDLY
INFORM ME WHAT YOU ARE EXACTLY TALKING ABOUT THIS YOUR
BUSSINESS.MEANWHILE I WILL LIKE YOU TO INCLUDE YOUR
PHONE NUMBER IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL SO THAT I CAN
COMMUNICATE EASILLY WITH YOU IF WE CAN START ANY
TRANSACTION.
AM WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT REPLY.
THANKS FOR YOUR COPORATION.
BAR.MUSA AMINU

Poor old Jon. I believe you. Too bad you are looking for wealthy people, but I am a pauper after getting sacked by Interfraud Global. If I ever get my hands on the NT$210,000 they owe me in severance pay, I will consider moving out of my termite-ridden flat into a plush apartment equipped with hi-fi - Then I’ll send you all the photos you want.

[quote]Jon Swingler
Posted: 01 Jul 2002 22:55 Post subject: Lifestyle Research

My name is Jon Swingler, and I work for a research agency based in London called Sense Worldwide, I need to find people in the Far East to take part in a small research project we are running.

We have just been commissioned to conduct some lifestyle research in the Far East. The client who has commissioned us is one of the leading domestic electrical appliance component manufacturers in the world; and the research is in to electronic home entertainments, and the part they play in people’s lives. [/quote]

Remember this?
I filled out the forms and stuff – there was no personal info needed to give out – and received a check for US$200 in the mail (at my office) today. The check is real, by the way – issued from HSBC.
Bet you guys wish you weren’t so skeptical, eh?
Let’s see, how many beers will US$200 buy…?

(The edit was to include that the check was from HSBC.)

Your are bring paid to post this!!!

Danm. However, US$200 for telling him what kinds of home electronics you have… I still think it’s too good to be true. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Its all too true, unfortunately. Had to ram a handful of dry crackers into the bugger’s mouth to stop him crowing about when I got to the office this evening.

Still, he promised to spend it all on beer for the Segue community… at least … “Mmmmff phbbth, mthppphhhh”… that sounds like “I’ll buy beer for everyone,” doesn’t it?

:wink: Hi Wolf

Glad you received the cheque ok.

Hope you enjoyed the beers.

Kindest regards

Jon Swindler / Swingler

Thing is, he’s asking for responses upper-class people. I don’t even have a TV, although I’ve been thinking of buying one. All I got is a computer (admittedly rather tricked out) and a stereo in a 12-ping flat in a really old building. I guess it’s true that it takes money to make money.

Hey, what can I say?
:wink: