Like magic, a thread disappears

Odd, I got a PM from one poster this morning which mentioned (amongst other things) a thread I had started in Temp. So I didn’t dream it.

And now it’s vanished.

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to what is going on?

The thread did specifically remind people that the normal rules apply and that any reply should be acceptable to the moderators, so it seems unlikely that anyone has been such a wanker as to remove it. Are we experiencing technical difficulties again?

I had a thread once, but then my whole cardigan dissappeared.

Yes… I remember the glory days of that old cardigan DM…

When was this photo taken?

I recieved a reply notification but when I clicked on it I got this message: “The topic you requested does dot exist.” Could you guys not at least change that programmed message? I mean the topic does exist, we just can’t see it. I would change it to: “The topic you requested was flushed and it still stinks.” :smiley:

bobepine

Don’t forget this cardigan:

What happened to Tom’s gay thread?

I recall that ‘My vagina purse’ was allowed to stay in the Temp forum.

Note to self:

1. poop chatter = shameful
  2. gay tests = delete worthy
  3. vagina purses = a temporary matter

What are the rulings for talking about ‘douchebag mishaps?’

[quote=“Josefus”]What happened to Tom’s gay thread?[/quote]I don’t know, but of late I’ve started having my own concerns about moderation around here…

I think my ‘gay thread’ was offensive in its use of words, and deserved to be deleted. Now poop, and douchebag troubles, thats a whole different ball game!

Jeez, that could be almost any of them, you’ll need to be more specific.

Think of our threads as Los Desaparacidos…champions of truth and democracy spirited away in the dark of night by ModDeath squads, never to be heard from again…spoken of only in whispers when the campfire burns low…someday, little ones, someday…

I think my ‘gay thread’ was offensive in its use of words, and deserved to be deleted. Now poop, and douchebag troubles, thats a whole different ball game![/quote]

I think it’s safe to say that most bolidy fluids are not in the preferred choices of topics. :slight_smile:

I tried describing a boil that popped while on the bike trip and no one was really interested. :unamused:

[quote=“TomHill”]I think my ‘gay thread’ was offensive in its use of words, and deserved to be deleted.[/quote]I think anyone who couldn’t see that it was a joke needs to pull the stick out of their arse.

I think my ‘gay thread’ was offensive in its use of words, and deserved to be deleted. Now poop, and douchebag troubles, thats a whole different ball game![/quote]

I think [color=red]it’s safe to say that most bolidy fluids are not in the preferred choices of topics[/color]. :slight_smile:

I tried describing a boil that popped while on the bike trip and no one was really interested. :unamused:[/quote]

Sir, I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this matter, and do fervently believe that many enjoy the freedom of talking about such matters. However, this is not my site, and when tomsexcretions.com finally gets going you will witness the death of f.com! :smiley:

Please provide a link to the boil description, i’d enjoy reading that very much.

WartHill.

Where did you last see your threads ? If you backtrack in your mind, you should be able to remember where you left your trousers.

It is a story much better suited to face to face description with sound effects. How about the 27th at the Tavern? :slight_smile:

Hopefully BEFORE dinner.

jdsadist

:smiling_imp:

I could see it was meant as a joke, but I didn’t find it at all funny. Without elaborating, maybe you would see things differently if you had walked a mile in my shoes.

My Taiwan spin on the Aristocrats joke got zapped almost as soon as it was posted. I’ll admit it was a bit on the offensive side, though…

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]I could see it was meant as a joke, but I didn’t find it at all funny. Without elaborating, maybe you would see things differently if you had walked a mile in my shoes.[/quote]And that’s perfectly understandable. Everyone has different tastes and experiences. Not everyone’s going to find it funny, and that’s fine. But is that any reason to kill it outright? If we’re going to start killing everything that anyone finds unfunny or offensive, we may as well just flip the switch on this board and leave now. Lord knows I’ve found some things here just outright offensive, but I don’t expect them to be removed; I either counterattack, or just harden up.

This morning I posted a thread asking about another thread, started a few days ago, which has disappeared. Now the thread I started this morning has disappeared. What is going on?

The first thread was in the temp forum and I started it in the morning on Wednesday 17th May. The title was ‘Take your best shot’, and it invited people to make fun of me with the proviso that they should obey the rules, and post nothing that was not defensible to a heavy-handed moderator.

Several people replied, and one person PMd me about it, so I know I didn’t imagine it. But it wasn’t there on Weds evening, and I don’t know what happened to it.

I posted [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/like-magic-a-thread-disappears/28045/1 to ask about it, and got a lot of smart-alec replies, but nobody responsible for the decision making bothered to explain this rather odd event. What happened to ‘moderators you can reason with’?

This morning I posted again, starting a new thread away from the second one as it had been hijacked. The new thread was not merged or temped. It has simply ceased to exist.

According to the rules, the feedback forum is the place to discuss moderating discussions. I would like to discuss a moderating decision, and this is the feedback forum. Would the moderator responsible please respond by either justifying his decision (to throw away a post asking people to be creative and to abide by the rules) or by reversing it and apologising?

If you’re not prepared to communicate in a reasonable manner then I might as well resort to name-calling. There certainly doesn’t seem to be much incentive around here to do things in a more civilised manner. Arbitrarily throwing out threads that harm no-one, give pleasure to some, and encourage people to keep within the rules, then refusing to explain why is the sort of behaviour that marks a moderator out as someone for whom there is no polite label. I do hope that decency and respect will win the day, but so far I’m not seeing any sign of either.

Thank you for your attention. I look forward to your reply with interest.

NB - I also hope that the moderators responsible for this forum will move any supposedly humourous responses from uninvolved parties to where they belong. I’m seeking an answer, not discussions about body parts or clothing, and this is supposed to be the forum for resolving these issues.

The first thread was an invitation for flames and flames aren’t well tolerated these days. My response was my best shot. :wink:

Anyways, not like that one thread would have changed anyone’s life. You weren’t seeking valuable information and you did not actually have a subject for conversation either, other than something like “insult me but stay within the rules.”

I personally don’t think that’s a good base for conversation and I support the moderator’s decision for those reasons. I also find it ironic that you pretend to advocate the rules while starting a thread called “Hit me.”

The rules are clear on addressing the message and not the messenger. What was your message? It said give it your best shot. Best shot at what? You did not express your opinion about anything? You dug out an ancient gem by Stragbasher.

Mods don’t like repetition, I think it’s called spamming. :wink:

bobepine