Limit number of likes

I think you are visiting the r/taiwan too much…

2 Likes

I might change this, but my record of making adjustments to RickRoll’s account is, let’s say, poor. Any other opinions?

4 Likes

As the all time Liker in Chief I have rarely come up against this limit.

It seems I spread my likes out evenly, a few for you, a few for you …That’ll do till tomorrow. :grin:

3 Likes

Why don’t you want to talk about the Cross-Strait Situation? What are you hiding?

2 Likes

In fact, it’s not my request that this rule changes (although I won’t complain if it does). I’m more interested on what’s the reasoning behind it and if there’s a way to track your likes…

2 Likes

For now, the only thing I’m hiding is my urge to like the posts in Forumosa :cold_face:

2 Likes

Well, this is in the Discourse FAQ

What about users abusing Likes?

We have rate limiting (customizable) in place for new users to avoid spamming the feature. Also, we have never seen any significant like abuse in the wild in the many Discourse forums we host or help maintain.

That doesn’t address non-new users, but I guess spamming the feature is seen as a possible detriment which could dilute the desired effect of the Like feature. Discourse tracks this data, and it influences a couple of things like the “Like heat” of threads shown in lists, the appearance of threads in certain summaries and lists, and some other stuff probably. Regular users are given more leeway than new users, and the settings can be adjusted.

If you go to Hamburger/Forumosans and choose Today, you can see your likes per day. I’m not quite sure how “per day” is defined.

4 Likes

Just liked all comments in this thread. There is no problem. :runaway:

2 Likes

You just wait!

3 Likes

Can’t help but feel a bit like Air Supply…
https://youtu.be/JWdZEumNRmI

3 Likes

:rofl: people here really uplift my boredom.

1 Like

I really wanted to like that, but…Air Supply…

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure how to take this :slight_smile:

I’m going for it

1 Like

Maybe Anastacia is more of your type?

2 Likes

Was liking Air Supply a good idea?

@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sevLf2b2ON0

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I think I’ll pass on your “help.” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like