Linkou Housing (also: how to avoid terrible neighbors)?

I was talking more of places the agency manages. They do that in our area as the owners often live out if town. If its just a months rent, thats certainly worth it.

I do also notice websites/agencies dont really have great deals. Everythin seems more expensive than when going out and asking in person. I personally would do both, more the better.

2 Likes

Agreed. This is a case where investing in a real estate agent is probably necessary. And worth it.

However, I’d avoid English speaking agencies because of the higher prices/different demographic. And number of units available.

A local agency might have an English speaking agent. If not, bring a friend as translator. It is always advisable to bring a local as witness.

Thank you all for the helpful replies. My wife is fluent in Mandarin, and we’ve begun looking at places in Linkou through some agents.

Just curious, can anybody share any info about Future Hills 未来之丘, the neighborhood right in the block where Carrefour is located? We’re looking at a unit there, and I understand it’s a convenient and central location, but I’m wondering if it gets really loud and crowded.