🌏 List | 16 Friendliest Countries in the World

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: That’s when I start talking about stinky tofu.

It’s more like “if you look white they will use bad English to tell you you’re going the wrong way” it’s just an excuse to ‘show off’

I had one lady at the MRT keep pestering me to give me directions and wouldn’t believe me when I said I didn’t need it (I was waiting for orange line to Sanchong, she assumed no tourist would wanna go there). She didn’t believe me when I said I was going home and kept insisting I ‘don’t want to go that way’.

She was nice enough I guess but annoying, insistent and small minded. Couldn’t believe a foreigner could live in Taiwan and definitely didn’t believe a foreigner could get around without assistance.

Love IE (Ireland) but is there really " contagious smiles" haha!

2 Likes

Jesus H, tell us what you really think!

1 Like

Chatgpt is getting really good at writing news

1 Like

As soon as I saw the thread title, I already knew what the replies would be :joy: Forumosa is so predictable.

FWIW, when my brother visited earlier this year with his family, we got lost for a bit on the first day looking for their hotel. A woman saw us wandering around with our luggage and came over asking us if we needed help. I thought that was quite nice, actually. Same thing happened to me years ago in Paris, btw, and the French are not really famous for their friendliness. Guess it can happen anywhere. Friendliest country IMHO is Malaysia. But I must say Taiwan overall is pretty friendly too

Of the countries I’ve visited I find Thailand, USA and Sweden the friendliest.

The rudest/most unfriendly would be Hong Kong, Hungary and Germany.

France was a mixed bag to me.

Once or twice in three threads is a pretty good ratio.

Is it? Even human journalism has become pretty spotty and low quality. I respectfully disagree without proof :slight_smile:

Unless this was a witty sarcastic post, and writing news vs reporting news are separate things :slight_smile: to that, indeed!

Makes more sense to me to rank cities not countries.

Not that any of this really matters as it’s AI blogspam.

2 Likes

Dur- random!

Timing is everything. With all the restrictions in China nowadays, and the vast scope of their newly minted anti-everything laws, who knows how things would be right now?

In 2023, in Taiwan, at least we are not harrassed by sh&t like that right now. Although yes this is not the topic of this thread. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

Blockquote

I concur. Especially in the less populated areas.

The thing is that is normal in any decent country or place. I don’t think it’s anything special.
Londoners dont do it but hey that’s London.

2 Likes

Regarding London, so I hear. Was also told London is slightly more populated than Dickleburgh, yet cannot confirm the quality of hospitality in either place.

I did find that many in Osaka were quite hospitable, probably less populated than London as well though.
:beers:

Friendliness towards tourists/immigrants/refugees usually decreases with increasing numbers of foreigners. I don’t think Taiwan is special in that regard.

2 Likes

I thought France (Paris) was ok, not super friendly but nice outside of Tourist areas. We did get help when somewhat lost, without asking in Paris.

2 Likes

When I was working in Ireland for a year, people did say, you Taiwanese(girls) are so charming

1 Like

Not sure about that, for Japanese we think it has more crime

3 Likes

Good information. Will keep this article closeby if I ever get to visit again.