List of American Universities accepted for working ARC

I am going to be moving to Taiwan in a few months. I am from America. I want to pursue an AA with an American University. My local universities have proctored finals and the occasional lab that I would have to attend. I wouldn’t be able to go to them since I will be in Taiwan. I am trying to find a college that Taiwan recognizes as a legit school that also offers 100% online schooling. I once found a list of acceptable American Universities, but I cannot find it now!

The word on the street and in this forum is that Taiwan “frowns upon” online education. Many universities in the US now offer online programs to get an AA and all the way up to a Masters. These are real and legitimate Universities, like Oregon State, Arizona State as two examples. These schools are on Taiwan’s list of approved universities and your degree, when finished, will not have anything on it saying it was earned online. However, your date of completion will clearly show you were in Taiwan when you earned the degree, thus potentially raising red flags.

This, in my opinion, is all hearsay until someone comes forward who was actually turned away or accepted using a degree earned online. I have yet to talk to or read about anyone that fits that description.

ON a side note, what will you be doing in Taiwan while you are earning your degree? Do you plan on teaching while here? Unless you are married to a local, you will not be able to do so legally until you have completed your Bachelor degree or an AA with TESOL.

[quote=“Quarters”]The word on the street and in this forum is that Taiwan “frowns upon” online education. Many universities in the US now offer online programs to get an AA and all the way up to a Masters. These are real and legitimate Universities, like Oregon State, Arizona State as two examples. These schools are on Taiwan’s list of approved universities and your degree, when finished, will not have anything on it saying it was earned online. However, your date of completion will clearly show you were in Taiwan when you earned the degree, thus potentially raising red flags.

This, in my opinion, is all hearsay until someone comes forward who was actually turned away or accepted using a degree earned online. I have yet to talk to or read about anyone that fits that description.

ON a side note, what will you be doing in Taiwan while you are earning your degree? Do you plan on teaching while here? Unless you are married to a local, you will not be able to do so legally until you have completed your Bachelor degree or an AA with TESOL.[/quote]

Good point about my being in Taiwan during the earning of the degree. I will chance it I suppose. I have an online business that will generate income for me. I also have enough to live there for the duration of my studies without the need to work anyway. I’m going to be taking it easy while I’m there, working is the last thing that will be on my mind for a while! Thanx for the info!

List of accepted universities here:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … &p=1496617

Hmm, they have my school in the wrong state… Ah well, I guess Washington and Washington DC are close enough to each other to confuse the two, after all it cannot be the similarity in names since I’m sure the difference would have been well taught to anyone tasked with compiling such a list. :doh:

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]List of accepted universities here:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … &p=1496617[/quote]

Wonderful! Exactly what I was after. Thanx a ton!

[quote=“lurkslurkingly”][quote=“Tempo Gain”]List of accepted universities here:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … &p=1496617[/quote]

Wonderful! Exactly what I was after. Thanx a ton![/quote]

Does anyone know if

1. this list is current;

2. it applies to all sorts of jobs (non-English teaching included); and

3. it’s the same list that applies to being approved for the government job offer letter (required for work permit/visa, which is required for ARC, from what I’ve heard)?

My school is listed in a city 650 miles from where it’s actually located. At least it’s in the right state :doh: