List of Taipei band practice/ rehearsal spaces, studios

I’m a guitarist and drummer, been in the Taipei game for 5 years. Here is my benevolent blessing to musicians: a master list of practice spaces, jam spaces, rehearsal studios, whatever you may call them.

Below, find places good for bands AND individuals to play, sorted by hours and then neighborhood.

Open late–
Ximending: APA Studios
02 2381 5378
Recently bringing in new amps; a lot of Marshalls and Peaveys.
Try to get the ‘Middle Room’ a.k.a. ‘The Ikea Room’ for it’s blonde hardwood floors and reliable P.A.

Yanji St./Zhongxiao E. Road:
IN GO Music–02 2773 5955
One smallish room

Somewhere in Banqiao, 10 minute walk from Xinpu MRT: FUZZ Music (can’t find the #…ask around?)
Obviously NOT centrally located. Band rooms dirt cheap at, like, $150/hr. Amps generally lack a ‘Reverb’ effect function. You can supposedly record yourself FREE.

Close at 10pm–
Heping/ShiDa: Player 02.2392.3166
Has a lot of single-player rooms with drumsets.

Dunhua S. Road/Civil Blvd.: UD Music 02 2721 3202
Fender and Marshall amps…also music shop selling guitars, strings, pix ‘n’ stixx.

Yanji St./Zhongxiao E. Road:
F.U.M. aka Freak Us Music, 02 8772 7540
I found this to have the best drum kits.

Heping E. Road, between Liuzhangli and Linguang MRTs (Turn west by the 7-11 on the westside): Tony’s Music 02.8733.1100
One band room on 1F, 3 or 4 solo rooms on 3F.

I’ve also been playing music in Taipei for about 5 years now.
Here’s my contribution to the Master-List:

iROCK
in Zhong-Shan District
NanJing West Road, Section 2, No.104
Tel: 02-2571-1788
Web: http://www.irockmusic.com.tw

iMusic
in Da-An District
Tel: 02-2711-1360
Web: http://www.imusic.idv.tw
(The same boss who previously ran FUM Studio - now closed, in Taipower Building Area)

KHS
in Lujhou District
ZhongShan 2nd Road, No.162
Tel: 02-82838255
Web: http://www.khsmusic.com.tw

(The Web for “Player” (mentioned above post) is: http://www.gtplayer.com.tw)

*On a further note, a very good place for guitar service and customization is:

Guitar Supply :thumbsup:
in Taipei City
ZhongXiao West Road, Section 23, No.1
Tel: 02-23143136
(3:00pm-9:00pm)

In Danshui:

弦鏡行 (sorry, it does not seem to have an “English name”)
Renai st lane 18 (I do not remember the building number)
It’s very close to Kooks, if you walk in from Ying jhuan rd and go into this street, it’s on the right side. You can’t miss it because there are a lot of Gibsons hanging out front. They open around 1pm (often later) and their practice room is around 150 or 300 an hour (can’t remember). If you see kooks going in from Ying Jhuan road then you’ve gone too far.

Their equipment is very basic, all they have is a Roland JC-120. Its good if you and your band-mates lives in Danshui as you would save a lot on the combined MRT fare. You MUST book ahead of time because they only have one room.

Awesome! And:

Heping/Fuxing (Heping E. Road, Sec.2, #127, 3F):
Heping Apa Music Studio, 02.2704.7105
www.wretch.cc/blog/hepingapa
(maybe open past 10pm?)

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]In Danshui:

弦鏡行 (sorry, it does not seem to have an “English name”)
Renai st lane 18 (I do not remember the building number)
It’s very close to Kooks, if you walk in from Ying jhuan rd and go into this street, it’s on the right side. You can’t miss it because there are a lot of Gibsons hanging out front. They open around 1pm (often later) and their practice room is around 150 or 300 an hour (can’t remember). If you see kooks going in from Ying Jhuan road then you’ve gone too far.

Their equipment is very basic, all they have is a Roland JC-120. Its good if you and your band-mates lives in Danshui as you would save a lot on the combined MRT fare. You MUST book ahead of time because they only have one room.[/quote]Wow! That’s great to know. Thanks for posting this. I’ll have to check it out.

Also;

Meteora Music Studio 美特拉音樂唱片公司
It’s run by metal heads and they have great equipment, a little more expensive though.
地址:台北市和平東路2段96巷8號B1
Address : Taipei City, He Ping East Rd Sec 2, Lane 96, No 8, B1
電話:(02)2737-1750
Just under ten minute walk from Technology Building MRT

More Music : 多音樂
Small and not great equipment, but a bit cheaper than the other places.
02)2506-6786 地址:台北市復興北路488巷1號
Address Taipei City, Fu Xing N. Rd, Lane 488, No 1
I think they’re closed on Tuesday and close at 10PM on other nights.

Hello everyone, does anyone know of places I could practice drums, preferably near yonghe area? I read on a thread over 10 yrs ago of a place called flying v studio but I can’t locate it on google maps.