Listening to the ICRT news

I am tired now of listening to the ICRT news.

1. It seems to hold Ma YingJyou up as the president of Taiwan, the amount of attention he gets.
  2. There is forever some crap about a DPP law maker causing trouble.
  3. They never mention the UK.

No joke, I remember taking the bus home last 7th July and waiting for the news a couple of hours after the bombs in London.

Did ICRT’s INTERNATIONAL news summary mention it? Fuck no.

Apparently some DPP law maker caused trouble while on holiday in indonesia though.

What time of day are you listening?

I catch the news at 7 and 8am, when Gavin Phipps (sp?) is reading the news, and I find the news to be quite generous with regard to reporting on the UK.

BTW, where is it you think you’re living?

I prefer a little Taiwan news, so as to see which of the contenders I’ve bet on in the legislature have won me money.

Tomas

double post. Perdon!

All I know is that if I am hearing the ICRT news at 0600 I am late for going to my morning work-out.
added:I just remembered - the 0600 blather is the BBC report.

I have no idea what they talk about. For some weird reason they are always speaking in Chinese when I hear them. Which thankfully is seldom.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]All I know is that if I am hearing the ICRT news at 0600 I am late for going to my morning work-out.
added:I just remembered - the 0600 blather is the BBC report.

I have no idea what they talk about. For some weird reason they are always speaking in Chinese when I hear them. Which thankfully is seldom.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I’ll file it under ‘Useful.’

I’ve given up on ICRT. Ever since that new woman (I’ve forgotten her name, not being sexist! Not I say!!) took over, it’s been utter rubbish. I’ve found the news to be about as useful as that crap English news show on at like 11pm. Example:

What’s in the news today? Legislature shoe fight, legislature shoe fight, legislature food fight, CSB rapes kittens, legislature shoe fight, Ma is teh pwn of politics, now lets all pander to America cuz every knows the only things that are newsworthy happen in America. Or Bangladesh.

I don’t think I’ve once heard anything about Canada on either of them…dammit :fume:

ICRT got worse? Damn, that’s amazing cos you really wouldn’t think there was any further to fall.

Anyway, I suspect this is part of bloody Tom Hill’s rounding up of all his pet peeves for a final dump before he leaves. Betcha the last one is, “and I should say how much I hate CKS airport . . toodle pip!” :laughing:

HG

Well, your news is very very old - “that new woman” was replaced months ago.

The head inmate running the place is Captain Tim (and it is way better than a year ago)

Well, that’s because they’re actually trying to report international news with some sort of significance.

FTV English news at 11:00 every night is a better alternative (at least you get to see the shoe fight in the legislature), even though it’s announced by the same ICRT guy.

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]I don’t think I’ve once heard anything about Canada on either of them…dammit :fume:[/quote]rob -
Isn’t that what Forumosa.com is for?.. :idunno:

Well, yeah, I suppose I could just come here to get all my news about Canada…but that would require going through the tedious process of hitting the log in button…as opposed to the power button on the radio/TV.

Good to hear there’s a new person heading up ICRT. Hopefully they’ll stop playing 10 year old songs right after the “Newest and best songs” commercials…

ICRT morning news programs:
5:30-6:00_the rerun of the previous night’s FTV English news (the show should be still there. :sunglasses:)
6:00-7:00_BBC News
7:00-7:15_news in Taiwan

[quote=“cheetah”]ICRT morning news programs:
5:30-6:00_the rerun of the previous night’s FTV English news (the show should be still there. :sunglasses:)[/quote]For the last 2 years its just music, sappy weird music ususally, played from 0530 -> 0600 when the BBC World Report kicks in…totally unexpected it sometimes sounds.

yea, ICRT is straight up horrible now… some of the DJ’s are pretty annoying and got horrible voices

~ Dre

Well, the ICRT’s marketing strategy has been changed. More “fluently” English-speaking Chinese (people brought up in Mandarin-speaking families) have been hired as DJs and significantly more Mandarin songs have been played on air. They’ve aimed at attracting more (Mandarin) listeners. Their news team is better compared with DJs though.