Living as cheaply as possible for a month šŸ˜¬

Got well mashed and spent a load of cash. How can I be real cheap until the next payday?
Obviously not drinking ever again is trick number one.
Iā€™ve got a decently equipped kitchen but no Costco membership.
Save me from the 7!

Would love to know your tips and tactics.

2 Likes

Sponge off mates.
Move in with temporary girlfriend.
Get yourself infected and enjoy free board in the hospital.

9 Likes

Or enjoy a week or two in Taiwans quarantine Hotels.

1 Like

I mean can we get an estimate of how much you can spend?

Mmm. ā€œMove in with temporary girlfriendā€ sounds so much better than ā€œmove in with girlfriend temporarilyā€

4 Likes

10000?

Is there anyway I could get a quarantine hotel in Thailand?

Long term? Therapy and moderation.

1 Like

Buy instant noodles in bulk and cook them with cheap meat and veg from street market for at least one meal per day. Breakfast just buy loads of mantou or whatever bread you like. I think if I was single and had no money I could eat for $6,000 a month quite easily.

5 Likes

Costco is not the way to save money, anyway. Local markets and/or street food carts if you wish to avoid 7/FM.

2 Likes

If you are over 20 percent fat, you could fast. No food bill for a month. A less extreme route would be to eat once every 48 hours. After a month, youā€™d be healthier.

5 Likes

A head of lettuce is $35 at supermarket. Can probably get 2 or 3 at morning vegetables market.

Canned tuna make tuna salad.

All healthy benefit.

1 Like

I note that your weight loss thread petered out. Hmm, solution? :wink:

3 Likes

The thread did. The weight loss didnā€™t.

8 Likes

Well, thatā€™s er, on you.

1 Like

10000 , thats 300 a day. buy noodles and some hosin sauce. aim for 200 a day for the first week and that will give you some buffer.

How much did you drink?!! you gotta always keep enough cash for 2 months at least.

Are you teaching, eat at the school? LNY is coming remember and or maybe schools closing because of XIcon.

3 Likes

For 300 a day. Eat once a day at the vegetarian buffets. The rice and soup are bottomless.

You could do this on 200 a day.

Black coffee to get you through the day.

7 Likes

For 300 per day you could eat really well if youā€™re not going to sit-down restaurants or buying western-style supermarket ingredients. No fasting necessary. I assumed he was aiming for significantly less than that.

3 Likes

Use public toilets to save on asswipe.

Lunchboxes can be had for like 65nt or so.

Costco doesnā€™t always check membership when going into the concession area, could try eating there. 50nt hot dog and bottomless drinks.

Actually many lunchbox place have bottomless rice and soup.

3 Likes