Living as cheaply as possible for a month šŸ˜¬

Lunch box places (ä¾æē•¶) often allow customers to buy a certain amount of white rice for about 10nt per bag which is enough to fill a person. If you can cook at home, there are plenty of vegetables or meats that are available at traditional markets in the morning. I have to agree that limiting intake of alcohol is probably going to save you the most amount of money.

1 Like

For 10 000? Buy the fixins for perogies. Make them, freeze them and enjoy for the month. A bottle of Frankā€™s Red Hot and a brick of butter for flavouring. Done.

1 Like

I remember being in debt a few times early on in Taiwan but I never starved myself , thatā€™s far too much pain. Iā€™d rather add some temporary English teaching work or scrounge up the money somehow. Now there is Winter camp for kids but I donā€™t know if they are cancelled or not this year. Itā€™s possibly to get 600nt to 800nt an hour teaching here with minimum 500ntd. Youā€™ll be eating like a champ if you pick up a few hours and get an advance .

2 Likes

Yeah, but donā€™t you spend like 20K in booze each month? No wonderā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Ummm. Whatever gave you that notion? :grin: Maybe Iā€™m reformed!? Ha, @$#ā‚¬. Well, water is cheaper than vodka, whiskey, or the worst and nastiest crap you could find on the shelves (Iā€™m looking at you 高ē²±ļ¼Œmy nemesis).

Winter isnt that cold. Can hitch south to avoid the rain. Volunteering for food and housing is common here. Be it wwoofing or a religion. But everyones idea of cheap is different. Luckily, in taiwan, there are relatively comfortable options of living, right down to $0 a month income.

711 food is actually not that cheapā€¦

1 Like

I think the norm here is cancer and organ failures. Hair loss would be preferred though!

Heā€™s talking about reducing his food budget to ā€œonlyā€ 10k for one month. I donā€™t think heā€™s gonna starve.

1 Like

What? Where do you get your breakfast?

2 Likes

Dissect it and count the cost. The most expensive is the packing, transport, return.

Rice. Pasta. Veggies, some colourful and nutritious (peppers, carrots) and some just cheap and nutritious (like cabbage and onion). Eggs, pork and chicken, from the super market or the fresh market if you speak Mordor. Milk. Tea and water instead of sugary drinks from any shelf. Occasional visits to pientang shops to add variety to your diet with other veggies.

Cans of beans and tuna.

Visit Carrefour and take advantage of whatever the deal on fruit is that day.

If you want snacks, personally Iā€™m loving preparing popcorn at home, but now I just buy the kernels with no additives. Super cheap and healthy if you use butter, olive oil and salt for preparing it. A small amount of kernels gets you a huge bowl of popcorn, and costs next to nothing.

You can have a less harmful diet than the average Wang-er and for much less, within your budget.

Try to do something like this and report us on what you did and for how much.

2 Likes

I think heā€™s doing to go hungry to be honest. It doesnā€™t sound good. Iā€™d rather earn a few more shekels which is very doable right now.

Donā€™t visit friends or girlfriend or girls in general, stay away from bars and drinking holes. Youā€™ll be fine.

On 300 per day? Maybe if he only eats sashimi, or soup at a high end restaurant, or is training to be an Olympic swimmer.

1 Like

Exactly. Hence, it is actually quite expensive.

Their sandwiches with the filling coming outā€¦ but actually nothing much inside :frowning:

Yp. High price, very little food/nutrition. Only benefit is 24 hour and fast.

Can you get popcorn at Carrefour?

Yes you can.

600 grams for 50nt?

1 Like

Popcorn kernels are even at the small PXmarts. Usually somewhere near baking goods.