Living in taiwan safe for teenage girls?

[quote=“summer97”]hi…
i found a university …but dont know where is it exactly…
369, Wen-hua Rd., Peetow , Changhua, Taiwan,

Is it near taipei??..thx!![/quote]

No. Type it into google maps and you should get a good idea of the distance from Taipei.

[quote=“summer97”]hi…
i found a university …but dont know where is it exactly…
369, Wen-hua Rd., Peetow , Changhua, Taiwan,

Is it near taipei??..thx!![/quote]
Changhua is about 120 miles south of Taipei. Takes about 3 hours by bus to Taipei. Probably around less than an hour to Taichung (which is the nearest city). Virtually nobody will speak English in Changhua. Many people will not have very good mandarin. Minnan will be the language of daily use. I imagine they’ll use mandarin for lectures, though.
But how about writing all those tests? Have you thought of that problem yet? Remember, the college will be VERY keen to take your tuition money but might not be so keen to help you once you’ve paid your money. You need to think about that.

yea…i know…oh…i tot changhua is near taipei…i cant find any uni taught in english…but i really like taiwan…and i wanna study there…haha…sad…i should have learn chinese…but its tooo late!!! Any help on finding uni…pls and thank you!!

How much time have you spent here?

never …ahhaha…i never been to taiwan before…but i like it…its my dream to study in taiwan…dont ask me why?..ehehehe,any help.?..i need a uni teaching culinary arts and also hospitality management but taught i english.

Sounds more like vocational school subjects to me than university. I doubt that there are any of those conducted in English.

erm…im not sure whether “taipei kai-ping vacational school” teaches in english.

It won’t. Almost certainly. No vocational schools will conduct classes in English.

My main aim is to study baking and cooking in taiwan. I really wanna learn the techniques there. But besides that…i wanna take hospitality and management too. so there’s only 2 choice. Either i enroll in a english college (IMBA) for hospitality and management then take other courses in baking outside OR…no taiwan at all!..

Taiwan doesn’t bake much things… you will notice that most homes do not come with an oven (except a toaster oven that people get) as a standard equipment, most foods in Taiwan are generally stir fried or steamed, or deep fried (but most of them are American in nature) so what you learn here will not likely be different than back home if all you’re aiming to learn is baking.

just asking…“College of Management at National Taiwan university”…
i dont get it…u need two years of work experience?..so graduate students from high schools cannot enter the college?

The thing is, if you’re relying on an expat bulletin board to get info because your Chinese skills are not sufficient to ask the colleges themselves, you need to ask yourself how you’re going to manage on the actual course.
Anyway, as far as I know, the only English language courses offered here are for masters-level degrees and postgraduate studies.
I’m pretty sure you’re not going to find cookery classes in English.

The AASCB has had a “no MBA admission without 2 years work experience” rule for over 20 years. AASCB is the top (global) accreditation body for B-schools. If a B-school wants its MBA taken seriously, it has to have that accreditation.

thanks for info.
i contact a few college…and there are students who cannot read or write. Im now learning traditional chinese.

hi…
which is better…??..hualien or changhua? which is nearer to taipei?. THX!

[quote=“summer97”]
i contact a few college…[/quote]

Summer97, your English seems a little … Taiwanese?

haha…really?..im a malaysian. wow…means i am quite bad in english too…sowie!

Changhua is closer. Hualien is probably a lot nicer place to be, but you’d be a bit isolated.
Doesn’t really matter though. If you’re living here as a student you’re not going to have much either time or money to be traveling up to Taipei very much. Changhua is around three hours by bus, Hualien is probably more like 4 or 5.

There is a previous thread on this forum, called:

“Post subject: Cooking class/school in Taipei”

which should be of interest to you,.
First post was on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:21 pm

This link should also be of interest:

wikitravel.org/en/Taipei

There’s something in it about Jodie’s kitchen school

I believe there’s a certain Forumosan looking for a baking apprentice now.
Maybe he could help you get experience?
He can’t give you a degree though.