Living in Taiwan want to watch US tv

Hi.

I miss watching US tv channels, especially HGTV. Is slingbox the only option? Any other way to watch regular US channels? Anyone interested in swapping?

Download torrents. I am concerned however that HGTV programming might be a bit too niche for the torrent community.

Slingbox might be your safest bet.

[quote=“c10099”]Hi.

I miss watching US tv channels, especially HGTV. Is slingbox the only option? Any other way to watch regular US channels? Anyone interested in swapping?[/quote]
There are slingbox services like NimbleTV with monthly charges.
Or some Android apps like USTV if you get the pro version might get you some channels.
But Slingbox is your best bet if you have family in the US that will set you up on their services.
Also get a US VPN service so you can access certain geo blocked sites like ABC, FOX, CBS, CW, etc.
There have been other threads about this topic before.
As tech progresses, more options will become available.

I just checked. HGTV site has an iTunes app and can watch thru their site
watch.hgtv.com/
But you need to have a US cable or satellite service.

Many HGTV shows are actually aired on TLC here. I know that my mom’s favorites – the dog whisperer guy and one of the many cooking shows – are.

[quote=“c10099”]Hi.

I miss watching US tv channels, especially HGTV. Is slingbox the only option? Any other way to watch regular US channels? Anyone interested in swapping?[/quote]

Not sure about HGTV, but try getting Hola Unblocker for Chrome or Firefox. it’ll give you access to Fox, CBS, Hulu, and others.