Logging in to See the Temp Forum

Why? I’ve really been happy not logging in unless I want to post something. Why is the temporary forum so special?

Funny, the question we asked ourselves when it was suggested was “Why not?” :slight_smile:

Although we are actually adding new forums these days, I posted in the blog about wanting to gradually make Forumosa more organized, especially to casual Forumosans. Well, that was the idea :idunno:

Every time I get used to using the forum one way, it changes. Can’t you get yourself a toy to play with?
I’m just going to start my own forum and I’m not telling you guys where it is.

I like the idea of not seeing temp if you’re not logged in.

Temp is all about nothing or about our expat banter about nothing. If it becomes useful it can be moved into the other forums.

I actually like to post all about nothing for fun but why show it to the world who are likely looking in here to gather a bit of useful information.

Casual lurkers are most likely lurking for info.

Being told about whiskers, and beer farts is therefore not of central interest to them.

If they want to read about that, then joining should not be too hard, I imagine. After all it takes 30 seconds, is completely free, and not a hassle at all. There are no offers of refinancing anything, nor offers of penis enlargement patches. You won’t get any m,ailed unless you actuvely ask for it, so why not?

I suspect you will continue to be frustrated because there are absolutely going to be more changes ahead. Over the past year or so, the changes have been suggested and championed by Forumosans, and we are / I am too slow to make them.

One of the things about Forumosa that I’ve always liked is that we always try to keep an open mind about how the website can be improved. Not everything is an improvement for everyone, but we do give serious consideration to serious suggestions.

In the short time that I’ve lived in Taiwan, I’ve seen tremendous changes around me - mostly, I like them; sometimes, I don’t. Kind of like this website :slight_smile:

I suspect you will continue to be frustrated because there are absolutely going to be more changes ahead. Over the past year or so, the changes have been suggested and championed by Forumosans, and we are / I am too slow to make them.

One of the things about Forumosa that I’ve always liked is that we always try to keep an open mind about how the website can be improved. Not everything is an improvement for everyone, but we do give serious consideration to serious suggestions.

In the short time that I’ve lived in Taiwan, I’ve seen tremendous changes around me - mostly, I like them; sometimes, I don’t. Kind of like this website :slight_smile:[/quote]
Thank you for addressing my concerns. And thank you for not being really really really really condescending.

Does that mean I can start talking about poo again? :smiley: (As long as it is in the temp forum?)

Sounds like you can, but we’d all have to log in to see it. Oish!

HG

Yes, I think so.

Apparently Australians are mainly into disucssing bodily functions and Brits are not far behind or looking to take the lead.

No idea what Americans talk about. Probably similar stuff to Germans.

I think I know what happened to America’s sense of humour.

I saw statistics somewhere that said it was 23% German, 25% English and the rest was a mix.

So, the Germans worked out when the ironic humour could take place in the states. It is due for arrival July 22nd 2010 at 11am.

Bloody hell, I better turn the computer off…now…

[quote=“TomHill”]Does that mean I can start talking about poo again? :smiley: (As long as it is in the temp forum?)[/quote]Not with that signature. Why do you keep repeating yourself anyways? :wink:

bobepine

I know one reason it sucks. I linked to the Temp forumed not realizing one needs to be logged in to see anything so when anyone clicks that link it goes to the forumosa.com login page.

Who are we hiding it from? If any forum needs to be hid, it’s probably politics. :wink:

[quote=“miltownkid”]I know one reason it sucks. I linked to the Temp forumed not realizing one needs to be logged in to see anything so when anyone clicks that link it goes to the forumosa.com login page.

Who are we hiding it from? If any forum needs to be hid, it’s probably politics. :wink:[/quote]

:raspberry:

Man did you fart? :wink:

[quote=“bobepine”][quote=“TomHill”]Does that mean I can start talking about poo again? :smiley: (As long as it is in the temp forum?)[/quote]Not with that signature. Why do you keep repeating yourself anyways? :wink:

bobepine[/quote]

It is a mantra, a mantra I tells ya, a mantra!

So do we have clearance on the poop?

Ironman, your post was just what I needed at 9:48 on another compliment free day at the office.

The bowel movements of Forumosans are topics best reserved for Happy Hours - they’re not really appropriate for the forums. :loco:

The bowel movements of Forumosans are topics best reserved for Happy Hours - they’re not really appropriate for the forums. :loco:[/quote]

Americans, :loco:

The bowel movements of Forumosans are topics best reserved for Happy Hours - they’re not really appropriate for the forums. :loco:[/quote]

Americans, :loco:[/quote]
I think you mean, “North Americans” :wink: