🇪🇪 🇫🇮 Estonia/Finland | Visiting Logistics

Plenty of buses. So close that taxi also easy.

I didn’t do any upgrades. I did the buffet, which was great. Got to try moose neck. Not a big shopper either.

Heaps of Fins do the ferry as a day trip, strictly to buy the cheaper booze in Estonia.

1 Like

You could be done with Estonia but the question is if Estonia would be done with you. :wink:

This is often quite the sight. You can spot grannies hauling literally carts full of booze.

1 Like

Did the buffet come with beer and wine? Also others mention how cheap beer is in Tallinn, is that cheaper than Taiwan/Japan?

I don’t drink, so I didn’t pay attention to that.

Close to Vilnius, worth a look:

[/quote]

Nice place, I will try to post some photos next weekend if time permits as well check out ice cream prices, per

3 Likes

I just heard a Swedish woman pronounce Lithuania. Apparently, the Taiwanese translation (Litaowan) sounds very close. They did not butcher this one.

1 Like

Kaunas beer. Nice city not far from the capital and nice people. Lots of people enjoying the summer days with a drink, if you break the ice its nice to chat with locals (younger people speak great English as well other languages).

Many people hope Estonia is done with Russia (but more complex than what might seem simple)

Thanks. I walked a lot, and also used the tram as well as BOLT kind of Taxi-uber. City is not big and the airport is within 30 min, from the city centre via tram and maybe less via car. Nice city and compact but I liked Lithuania over Estonia as its bit bigger and the local people I meet in Lithuania very friendly *have drinks with them, they will talk a lot and lots of outdoor places to eat and drink and have fun, I will see later when its colder if its the same. Estonia is bit richer as far as income, but both are fast growing as far as income and clean and safe. A lot of younger people who left in the past have come back as well some regional immigrants and with things back to normal (99% people no masks and worries) quite nice places.

1 Like

More Tallin (Estonia 愛沙尼亞) photos. Pleasant small city, high living standards and lower living costs for the EU but not as high wages as other EU nations but 2-3X higher since 2008.
Good coffee and beer can be had less than in Taiwan. Supermarkets cheaper for most items (not all) so not so expensive place.

Photos for old Town to Harbourside and mall and hypermarket.

Public transport is bus and trams. Also BOLT (Which is local based) which is easy to use within the region for rides, food and more.

4 Likes

I did not notice it being cheap or maybe beer is cheap in Taiwan/Japan so did not see it as low. What is expensive is Aussie shops and Quebec and they buy a lot.

1 Like

It’s not that Estonia is super cheap, it’s that Finland is extremely expensive especially for liquor. the Finnish government has a monopoly over liquor sales and regulates the sale very tightly (you can only purchase liquor over 5% from the government store or from a bar). Therefore, it’s mich cheaper to take the ferry to Tallinn and purchase liquor there.

2 Likes

Kaunas has also has nice old town and castle ! but not has nice as Trakai (with the flag ha)

2 Likes

Dumpling like Taiwan in the food hall at the public market (estonia+=) though with black coverings

menu

2 Likes

…why is it black?

1 Like

I thought it was squid ink, like the pasta. As a side note about Pasta, quite few young people from Italy (I see quite a few in Northern EU too) working in the markets food outlets so some decent pastas in Estonia/Baltics.

2 Likes

Lots of shops open late, many good places to eat though it cost much more than say Southern Europe or even Southern Taiwan ha

expensive tea, at Helsinki Taiwanese tea place ($200+), can get two more at Macu (KHH maybe more in North)

Some local, Salmon soup +coffee (Finns drink a lot of coffee, a lot and 2-3X cost vs. italy, Italy is cheaper than Taiwan though))