London is currently hotter than Taipei

Fair enough, I take the DLR to work and its pretty nasty too. Getting into work isn’t the problem since temperatures are ok at 8-9am it’s getting home that sucks.

1 Like

The breeze is really nice. Even though it’s hotter today than yesterday, the breeze makes it a lot more bearable.

Really thinking about buying one of these new portable air conditioners that doesn’t require being drilled into the wall. This is clearly something we’re going to have to deal with every year.

Thinking about the same to be honest. Are you also in London?

We have two portable aircon units in the house. They work great, but a bit noisy. We have sash windows so the vent just slots in. Bit more fiddly if you have casement windows. 24C in my home office, feels chilly.

Yes, 38 degrees where I am right now.

Were they easy to install?

They are Honeywell 12000 btu 3-in-1 portable units. They’re on wheels, so easy to move around, but heavy if you need to carry them up or down stairs. You plug them into the mains and a 5in extraction pipe goes to a sliding panel that you place in an open window. If you have sash windows the panel fits nicely, if you’ve got tilting casement type windows you need to be a bit more creative.

1 Like

It’s so hot I had to go buy ice cream and make a coke float.

Back to normal tomorrow. The garden will appreciate the rain.

I’m about five miles from Heathrow. There’s a bit of a breeze coming through now. But it’s still hot as balls today.

It’s hot on that line in the middle of winter. :hot_face:

2 Likes

DENIAR!
DENIAR!

Actually, I agree with you.

It’s summer now, and hot.

In winter it will be cold.

1 Like

I don’t know where I stand on the topic of man-made climate change and, by my nature, I’m skeptical of any narrative the mainstream media and government pushes. But the point I was concerned about isn’t that it’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter; it’s that every year “the hottest summer on record” seems to be followed by “the coldest winter on record”. The poster you replied to pointed this out as if it somehow indicates that this isn’t anything to be concerned about, but it seems to me that it is.

And, as I mentioned above, I’m not concerned that it gets unusually hot for two days a year before going back to normal, I’m concerned that these heatwaves seem to go on forever and they’re now happening every year (not once in a blue moon like in the '70s) and are often followed by equally extreme winters.

Well, being at this end of a very long interglacial period, we are long overdue for an ice age. That would be a good argument for keeping that remaining precious coal and other fossil fuels in the ground for the time being.

Fuck the air conditioning, etc.

Conservation is important.

1 Like

It’s just the usual suspects on herer though, isn’t it?

I’m the same. I can’t decide if we are too dumb to do any harm to the planet or too dumb not to understand that we can do harm to the planet.

The sun will explode in five billion years time anyway.

1 Like

Can just about remember acid rain:

It’s started raining now in West London. 48 hour summer has ended.

1 Like

My lawn needs it.

1 Like

My local golf course is on fire right now. Annoying.

2 Likes

[quote=“superking, post:54, topic:221808, full:true”

The sun will explode in five billion years time anyway.
[/quote]

That’s what the Davos liberal elite want the MSM to make the sheeple believe. Meanwhile, they will make trillions from windmills.

1 Like

How do you walk back from: I’m a member of a genius minority who understand the truth while all these technologically ignorant sheeple suck up these lies from the liberal elite MSM?

It must be a tough ask.

2 Likes