London's Underground Explosions-Info/News/Updates

deleted

BBC news just reported that GSM networks have been shut down to prevent further detonation by mobile phone like in Madrid.

Good to hear your sister is ok, matchstick man. Sorry everybody for filling the thread with so much personal worry. I just felt like wildly posting at the time, and the mood of the people in the office that I’m talking to also affected me.

shit, just go for it. That what it’s all about if it helps.
We have family there too, but can’t get intouch.

She says they just heard about another bomb that just exploded in Moorgate. Another one? Or is this crap? I can’t get away from chatting to her to watch CNN. Google, I guess.

BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

So I guess it didn’t happen right now like they’ve heard. That’s a relief. I think I’m just going to start bringing up other topics because this did-it/didn’t it thing that’s going on now is driving both of us nuts. They seem to know even less than we do.

Just watching the BBC. 6 explosions. They are talking about huge numbers including bus loads of walking injured arriving at the hospitals.

I feel sick from watching, I was in those spots a few months back. Hope everyones family are okay. I have some family there as well.

Sounds like Blair may give a statement at 7:00.

what mayhem shutting down the tube at 9am on a thursday. no choice, but what a mess.

Just spoke to my mum. 20 fatalities and 3 bus explosions. Mums watching news as we talk.

Russel Square

Tavistock Square

Bus clearly destroyed by bomb

Firemen have chemical suits.

Tube evac…

Police: ind. explos @ 1 blast site

Conf. 2 people killed @ broadgate.

Expl. Edgwar rd, mrgate, lipl st, old gste, kngs x

All buses packed 3 bus exposipons Russel and tavistock sq.

2 dths @ oldgate East.

Six explosions total.

More fat. exp. at present.

3 tubes stuck at kings x.

There are unconfirmed reports of a warning received by Scotland Yard from Israel minutes before the first blast.

It appears Mr Blair will be making a statement at noon (ie in ten minutes)

We just had the Metropolitan Police Commissioner on, he refused to be drawn on casualties, but clearly there are many, some fatal according to various eyewitness reports.

Mansoor Ijaz on FNC says that the authorities have recovered an unexploded device, which may be able to help in tracking down who made them.

shit, sounds like it could have been a lot worse

I read AP said it was the other way round – that it was Scotland Yard who warned the Israelis that there might be an attack. Wasn’t clear from the story whether Netanyahu cancelled his meeting (the meeting at the hotel where one of the explosions happened) in response to the warning.

Aparently alll mobile comms in London down. Landline comms severely disrupted incase anyone trying to contact someone in London.

“I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air … It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air, I think it was the number 205. There must be a lot of people dead as all the buses were packed, they had been turning people away from the tube stops. We were about 20 metres away, that was all.” – Belinda Seabrook, who was on a bus travelling from Euston to Russell Square, London
Eyewitness account

Israel was getting ready host and economic conference close to the first blast site:

"British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before today’s explosions they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Israel was holding an economic conference near the scene of one of the explosions. Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was supposed to attend, but the attacks occurred before he arrived.

Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy and said warnings of possible attacks had been received, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference."

link

sick ranting from DummiesUnderground -[color=red]… have created the greatest terrorist training camp imaginable. The entire world will sadly reap the “benefits” of their brazen miscalculation. bush shoulders much of the blame for this attack, blair, for being bush’s poodle and yes man. The people of London and the rest of the world are the innocent pawns in their disturbing, idiotic game. Of course, tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis have felt the result of these insipid policies. Of course we can’t expect bush to care at all. He wanted to slake his massive thirst for revenge on Saddam at any cost, and he’s done that. The collateral damage is of no consequence for him.[/color]