Long Lost Taiwanese Brother...suggestions?

That’s awesome news. Keep us updated! I feel a wonderful reunion is on the horizon!

I would fax hin straight away and start saving for the ticket. You only have yourself to ask for permission.

He may have an interest in a US passport, but I somehow does not feel that he’s interested in moving over.

Just wanted to give you an update! Things are going Very Well with our email exchanges. My brother’s wife does very well in writing English (perhaps she can tutor my 15-year-old American daughter!) so the three of us are communicating back and forth. I was glad for the suggestion about looking for support with Birth Siblings reunions because it made my reactions more understandable. Some people react by going NUMB and some people become FRANTIC. I was FRANTIC but now that there is communication, I feel pretty calm.

Honestly, learning about my brother’s childhood being half American and raised by a single parent in a conservative small village in the 60’s was heartbreaking. Also, he had significant dibilitating health issues which were not solved until he was 17. For years he ha wondered if anyone in his family would ever come find him.
On the other hand, he overcame all that as well as other large career obsticles to become very successful in his field.

We are discussing them coming to the SF Bay Area some time next year. It can’t be earlier and it would be hard for them to have us come to Taiwan because they are on an extremely TIGHT schedule right now.

Anyway, thanks again for the support. Honestly, I am not sure I would have had the courage to jump in without your support!

I’m very happy for all of you. Your good news has made my day. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks for the update KMW. I’m sure things will work out fine.

Time for you to do some reading on Taiwan. I’m going to sent you a Private Message with a suggestion.

John

[quote=“KMW”]We are discussing them coming to the SF Bay Area some time next year. It can’t be earlier and it would be hard for them to have us come to Taiwan because they are on an extremely TIGHT schedule right now.

Anyway, thanks again for the support. Honestly, I am not sure I would have had the courage to jump in without your support![/quote]

That’s absolutely awesome news! Glad things are working out so well.

I completely share that sentiment. :thumbsup:

It’s exciting news that you will meet your brother. That first meeting will be another emotional time, as will be the parting and dealing with how the relationships will progress throughout the years. It is wonderful, but I also found it rather draining at times (still do after nearly fifteen years!). It’s great you found a group to share your experiences with, and I really encourage you to keep that contact up.