Looking For A Bicycle In Taipei

Hi guys,

Had little success trying to find bikeshops in Taipei; just after something cheap really, to get me a few miles across town every day. Can anyone recommend any decent shops? Or is anyone looking to sell their bicycle? Not sure why it’s proving so hard,

Thanks,

Alex.

really? I see them everywhere in my area. you can even find them at carrefour. the cheapest costs around NT1500

There are lots of stores. You can even buy bikes in Carrefour, RT Mart, etc.

Here’s what I suggest:

1. In Google maps, enter an address near where you live/work.
  2. In the search field, enter “bicycle” or “bike”.

I just did that for my work address and got:

Jia You Bicycle Shpo
Nangang Road

Giant Bicycles
Zhongxiao Road

breakbike17 Co & spike parts
Anhe Road

KHS Mountain Bike
Jianguo South Road

and a bunch more I won’t list. Google maps is your friend!

Please be careful, I didnt ride a bicycle until after my 2nd year here and I almost died every other day, got hit by multiple cars.

But once you got it down it becomes the best form of transport. I recommend driving a car first if you cant to begin to understand the traffic patterns and ideas.

[quote=“California”]Please be careful, I didnt ride a bicycle until after my 2nd year here and I almost died every other day, got hit by multiple cars.

But once you got it down it becomes the best form of transport. I recommend driving a car first if you cant to begin to understand the traffic patterns and ideas.[/quote]
That was a typical car driver’s statement.

If you are too stupid to ride a bicycle or catch a beach-ball, then don’t be the one getting killed, instead, drive a car better an SUV.

Better to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk if possible. Much safer. Depending on where you live, it is better to use the river parks if you can.

And, is it easy to park you bike everywhere in the center ?
Are there lots of bike theft ?

Thanks