Looking for a cell phone

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to buy a used cell phone or a cheaper new cell phone. I have a Far Eastone sim card just need to get a phone. I am currently near the Guting MRT. Anyone have a suggestion for where I could get a phone for a decent deal? You can always pm me too. Maybe someone has a old phone laying around that they want to get rid of.

Depending on how much you want to spend, you can pretty much walk into any cell phone shop and ask to see their 2nd hand phone selection. Most 2nd hand phones will run you between $800nt ~ $2000nt depending on features.
When my wife needed a phone we were able to get one for $900nt including the charger and a new battery.

Dragonbabe has an OLD Nokia that she thinks still works; you could have that one for free while you’re looking for a better one. She can’t check it out to be sure it works until this weekend though.

Possibly I am deluded - but can you get a cell phone for ~20USD in Taipei? I don’t need any bells or whistles - just the ability to make and receive calls. Texts optional.

The stores (only 2) that I went to today didn’t come up with anything under 65USD which sounds weird to me.

Thanks,
Kit

You probably need to get a free hand-me-down from a friend, or buy one off sb. used (not from a store). Lots of people here upgrade while their old phone is still in working order, and just chuck the old one in a drawer. Have you tried the classifieds?

I have an older Motorolla you can have for NT$800. It’s a flip top model. Model number is V290. Color display and no camera. Just look it up on google. The phone is in very decent shape and it has a decent battery. Comes with a charger.

I’m in Kaohsiung, but I can mail the phone anywhere in Taiwan if you pay shipping.

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”]I have an older Motorolla you can have for NT$800. It’s a flip top model. Model number is V290. Color display and no camera. Just look it up on google. The phone is in very decent shape and it has a decent battery. Comes with a charger.

I’m in Kaohsiung, but I can mail the phone anywhere in Taiwan if you pay shipping.

marboulette[/quote]

Marboulette - thank you for the offer but I rally wasn’t kidding about the 20USD.

I was on a tight budget to begin with but the airline lost my luggage which had a good portion of my belongings in it. I now need to buy almost everything but I just don’t have the money. Thank you though.