Looking for a market or store selling retro cameras

Where can I find a market or store selling retro cameras?

Retro as in “old cameras” or as in “modern cameras that look like old stuff” ?

The latter are basically in any camera store, they’ve been trendy for years.

The original ones I see them in second hand store like pk3c or on camera street in taipei.

Forgot to mention: camera street = Bo Ai road, it starts at the North Gate near the train steation.

You mean like really old or just retro?

There are a few around camera street as Ibis posted.

What type of cameras are you after, and for what purpose? I have some and I know some places. If you don’t want something in perfect condition I have a couple I wouldn’t mind to give up. I still have some vintage, “old” cameras that I wouldn’t sell, not now.

Addendum: probably vintage cameras (real “classic” cameras, and not toy plastic shit for hipsters) would be much more expensive in shops than other second hand options.

It’s actually for my brother. He wants to buy a cheap but functional camera that takes film.

in addition to pk3c and Bo Ai road, you can also have a look for Fb groups:

here there’s always old film cameras, lenses and film rolls on sale. Often cheaper than stores.

1 Like

So “retro” here means just “film”. I see.

There are literally thousands of options out there, some really cheap. Go on eBay,

Yes, you can buy anything, cameras, lenses, accessories like winders (motor drives) etc.

There’s a 2nd hand store across Roosevelt to the north of the Taida entrance. In hard to find in a downstairs area, but I always see Nikon or cannon film cameras there in good-looking condition. I don’t remember the prices but they didn’t come cheap.

They are antiques!

Interestingly, saw several of those with quite good stuff in Guanghua Computer Market area.

Those shops are run by bandits. Their prices are crazy.

Have to agree. It’s the easiest place to get scammed in Taipei

Their stock is overpriced, and if you just want 2nd hand, it’s not a bargain, but I’ve found that they test the electronics to be sure it works well. My first choice would always be Ruten or another online marketplace where you can buy directly from another seller, but you may not get much chance to test it. There’s also the Fuhe flea market and others, but unless you’re an expert, you don’t know if a 2nd hand camera is crap or not until you’ve developed a few pictures. I would much rather pay more from a reliable seller.
I don’t know why anyone would call it a scam. The prices are marked and you can decide for yourself if you want it or not. The only thing that would make it a scam is if they’re selling fakes or making false claims about the product. I been to that shop many times and everything I’ve bought worked as it should.

Maybe scam is not the word. But I saw for how much they sell an FM2, asked them how much they would pay for mine, and the difference was like a fuck you already.

There are photography forums with second hand material, I don’t know what the OP wnats to do with the camera, but I’m sure he can find something that suits his needs for a much better price.

I think that the first time I’ve seen a coherent post from you. Yeah, they are expensive and finding someone online is better, but I suggested it because the OP asked for stores. Some people have posted better options. How much do you want for your FM2, if you still have it?

Probably you haven’t read me much anyway. I don’t really want to sell the FM2, or not now, I was curious about how much they would pay for it in that shop. If I were going to sell it the price would be similar to what they cost on eBay.