Looking for a motorcycle Painter, Chongli Taoyuan

Hey, I had a accident with with my Honda NSR, and it had a costom paint job when I bought it. I am looking for a painter in Chongli or Taoyuan. Has anyone had any experience? I am not looking to get a cheap job done. I have been to the performance motorcycle shops around town, but they really don’t have much to say, which is weird. Anyway, if you have any info, let me know.

Sorry to hear you splashed Mordeth’s bike so quickly… :s

Why don’t you simply ask him where he got it done last time…It looked pretty good for an aftermarket paint job.

Also, there is a guy in Chungli running around on a custom painted Husky complete with a Red Indian/Bear motif…Very nicely done even by western standards. I’ll see if I can find him and where he had it done…

Hope only the bike was damaged… :slight_smile:

[quote=“MJB”]Sorry to hear you splashed Mordeth’s bike so quickly… :s

[/quote]

The bike is fine, just needs a new paint job, and you cant help it when a 50 year old woman who isnt paying attention decides to make a u-turn from the right hand lane in a parked spot on the road (which was also a double yellow line she was U-turning over. I wasnt even going over 40k…and WAM!!! She paid me full medical and gave me $20K for the damages, which covers more than the bike. So it could have been worse.

So, if you can get that painters phone number that would be cool. If not I will find something soon.

PS: The first person I called was “Mordeath” and he didn’t really know how it was painted.

glad to hear you got such good compensation and that you’re ok. Watch out for those 50-yr-old ladies!!!

I’m also looking for a painter, but for my scooter. I just want a basic black laquer paint-job and decals for a “vintage” Jockey 125. It still runs like a top and would really like to spruce it up if the price is right,

Anyone have a rough idea of yer basic scooter paint-job? :notworthy:

[quote=“wonder”]I’m also looking for a painter, but for my scooter. I just want a basic black laquer paint-job and decals for a “vintage” Jockey 125. It still runs like a top and would really like to spruce it up if the price is right,

Anyone have a rough idea of yer basic scooter paint-job? :notworthy:[/quote]

I found a great painter in Taoyuan/Nali. The shop is called Sierra Design. He is located on the 1 highway between Nali and Taoyuan. If you are driving from Chongli on the 1 highway going towards Taoyuan…then you will pass the Nali train station…keep going, the shop is pretty small, but very nice( you will notice maybe a couple of nice motorcycles in front or even a pimp Susuki Solio). It will be on the left hand side. If you go all the way to the Taoyuan hospital on the left side you have gone too far. When I walked in, the boss seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He showed me his work and other motorcycles he had painted. At the time there were ferrings from a CBR1000 and a hayabusa motorcycle that were drying. The paint looked clean. I think he might be alittle expensive, but compared to back home it isn’t that bad.

Sierra Design
sierra.idv.tw/
03-392-0935

His name is Sierra Lee and he can’t speak much English.

I’m thinking it can’t cost much more than 5,000NT$ for a basic paint-job on an average scooter. Maybe a little more depending on the paint itself.

But hey, now I’m not so sure I’ll do it. It seems every time I turn around, some idiot has scratched my bike. I can handle it now because the paint is old. But if I got a new paint job and some shit-for-brains jammed his bike up against mine at the 7-11, I would flip out. :noway:

So we’ll see. I’m wondering how you guys and gals with expensive bikes and nice paint prevent scratches and minor dings from other people with scooters that are abused, which are plentiful it seems. :unamused:

[quote=“wonder”]

So we’ll see. I’m wondering how you guys and gals with expensive bikes and nice paint prevent scratches and minor dings from other people with scooters that are abused, which are plentiful it seems. :unamused:[/quote]

I have three bikes at present. A 50cc scooter in good mechanical condition…but the body is held together with bungecords and is all scratched to hell. A nice scooter. And a nice bike.

If I’m going to be parking downtown for more than 20 minutes or so…I’ll ride the 50cc. If I ride the “nice” bikes I will pay for parking…or park in a spot I “know” is safe. I’ve had some bad luck with my bike (see other posts) but my scooter I’ve had for almost 3 years and it’s been scratched maybe twice ever.

[quote=“wonder”]

So we’ll see. I’m wondering how you guys and gals with expensive bikes and nice paint prevent scratches and minor dings from other people with scooters that are abused, which are plentiful it seems. :unamused:[/quote]

I have 3 motorcycles…sometimes I don’t know why. A 50cc, which actually looks damn good after I spray painted it baby blue…I dont care about scratches on it so whenever I am downtown and I need to leave a motorcycle there for a bit, I ride that. If I am going on a road trip or just cruising, or I know I have a safe parking spot, I drive my Honda NSR. If I am going far away, and I might need to leave a motorcycle over night or in a bad area I drive my SYM Tiger 125cc. So that is how I do it. I know, it is alittle retarded. I picked up the scooter for $3,000NT and the Tiger for $7,000NT, so it was worth it to me.

I got the NSR back from the paint shop, that is the Sierra Shop in Taoyuan/Nali…it looks great. Really, I found one small little run in my gas tank. I am going to take it back and show the boss maybe he will re-spray it, but no one will ever notice it. Whatever, it is a good paint job. I paid $7000NT you decide if it was expensive (it was paid for by the woman who hit me 2 months ago in a Nissan March). I also have a SYM Wolf and he said he would paint that for $3000NT, so that gives you a price range. If you want directions, IM me. It is on the 1 highway between the Taoyuan hospital and the Nali train station… Here are some pics.

:bravo: looks good in the pics… I’d be a tad pissed off with a run on the gas tank afer a NT$7K paint job mind you…

also, how many clear coats did he spray do you know?..

[quote=“plasmatron”]:bravo: looks good in the pics… I’d be a tad pissed off with a run on the gas tank afer a NT$7K paint job mind you…

also, how many clear coats did he spray do you know?..[/quote]

Yeah I am alittle pissed that I over looked the run in the shop when I was inspecting everything. It so small, that no one would really ever see it, but i am going to show the boss.

I don’t know how many clear coats he put on, but he does a professional job. If this means anything, the last 4 times I have been to his shop, he is always paiting a customers big big, like a CBR, etc. He has a nice portfolio too, so I am sure he did a good job. I looks great in person. Yeah yeah the run sucks, I will get him to fix it, he is a nice guy.

[quote=“rk1951”]I got the NSR back from the paint shop, that is the Sierra Shop in Taoyuan/Nali…it looks great. Really, I found one small little run in my gas tank. I am going to take it back and show the boss maybe he will re-spray it, but no one will ever notice it. Whatever, it is a good paint job. I paid $7000NT you decide if it was expensive (it was paid for by the woman who hit me 2 months ago in a Nissan March). I also have a SYM Wolf and he said he would paint that for $3000NT, so that gives you a price range. If you want directions, I’m me. It is on the 1 highway between the Taoyuan hospital and the Nali train station… Here are some pics.
[/quote]

looks great. is that your other ride in the background? an nsr for longer rides, the green tank for when u hit the cities.

[quote=“mungacious”]

looks great. is that your other ride in the background? an nsr for longer rides, the green tank for when u hit the cities.[/quote]

Yeah the Sierra painter boss wants to much money to paint my tank. :slight_smile: I mean what would you rather have in war, a peppy Honda NSR or a tank…I think I would take the NSR.