Looking for a new church

anyone know of any good english churches in the taipei area?
i’m currently going to grace baptist, but find that it’s stuck in a 70’s time capsule and it’s very dull and boring.

By “English church”, do you mean a church that gives services in English?

Give us some idea of what you’re looking for–search parameters, so to speak.

[quote=“daughters”]anyone know of any good english churches in the taipei area?
i’m currently going to grace baptist, but find that it’s stuck in a 70’s time capsule and it’s very dull and boring.[/quote]
Calvary Baptist is on Yangmingshan and is an English language church. I’m not sure about which time capsule they are in. I’d like to know more about Grace Baptist because we moved pretty close to it, but I haven’t been yet. I always liked Calvary because they have good facilities for the kids, i.e. choir and sunday school.

In the same neighborhood as Grace Baptist there’s Friendship Presbytarian church. I know they’ve been around for years but don’t know if they fit your requirement of being “good”. They’re located in a white building next to a small park across from Taipower building in an alley (off Roosevelt).

I met a nice Canadian woman and her daughter today at the zoo. Her husband is the pastor of a new (English language) congregation in the Guting area. I’ll post details when I get them (she said she would e-mail me). :slight_smile:

When we first moved to Taiwan we went from church to church, too, looking for something less traditional, more modern, and found the Pearl. My husband is now pastoring there. We meet Sunday nights 6:30pm, close to Guting MRT (exit 9, walk west on Heping away from Roosevelt about 3 minutes, its above the Noble Steak House 2F) See the website for a map and Chinese directions. We are an English church with a biligual service once a month.

It’s a casual environment, great worship, and authentic, presonal preaching. Awesome community.

thepearlintaipei.com/

Nevada McKenzie

p.s. I am the ‘nice Candadian woman at the zoo’ mentioned in the above post.

Is that next to the Panda house?

For shame. The zoo is incapable of caring for the special needs of its Canadians.