Looking for a physical store with Audio-Technica/Brainwavz earphones

I need a new pair of earphones, but I cannot find any physical store around here that sells a good range of products. I can find some AUdio-Technica models at large retailers like Sunfar but not the models I’m looking for.
Can anyone help? A store in Yilan county would be ideal, but for a store with a large stock of earphones to check I can easily go to Taipei as well. A physical with a website would be amazing, so that I can check some of the things that they have in stock, ask for some info before going there etc etc.

There are some stalls at Guanghua that sell Audio Technica. Don’t know about the rest and don’t have any web sites though.

I usually wind up getting earphones at the chain that used to be called fnac, 法雅客, fayaque.com.tw

They’ve got a range of Audio-Technica - certainly better than Carrefour’s. However, in the past I’ve found it utterly hopeless to try to shop by online reviews. I’m not sure if product numbers are different here, or if there’s just a horrible selection in Taiwan.

And sorry, but if I’m reading their branch list page correctly, they don’t have a shop in Yilan.

Their bluetooth earphones: fayaque.com.tw/product/list/ … 7961717565

And more earphones here: fayaque.com.tw/product/list/type/audio

Oddly, I can’t actually find any Audio-Technica brands listed there (only looked quickly), although they’ve certainly got quite a few of them hanging up on the wall.

There’s this place on Chongqing S Rd, worth a call

audionet.com.tw/a/forum.php? … d&tid=3335

漢口街 Hankou Street has a lot of audio shops with a large range of headphones

That’s near the “photography district”, right?

yep

That sounds interesting, it’s also pretty close to the main station…
The only problem is that if I go to Taipei with my wife and I tell her:“Hey let’s go there, there are photography and audio equipment stores!” she’ll kidnap my wallet, I need to be more subtle.

“Oh look at that department store across the street!” (interlude) “Honey, let’s walk over to Ximending. We can look at the stores and maybe find a place to get a bubble tea or some oamisua or some shit.”

Second (maybe third) floor of Guang Hua Market (the building) there’s a hole in the wall shop to the right of the escalator (when going up) that has all kinds of mid to high end headphones/ear phones.

Best assortment I’ve seen anywhere in Taipei.

I might have their business card somewhere, I"ll PM you with details if I find it.

[quote=“ranlee”]Second (maybe third) floor of Guang Hua Market (the building) there’s a hole in the wall shop to the right of the escalator (when going up) that has all kinds of mid to high end headphones/ear phones.

Best assortment I’ve seen anywhere in Taipei.

I might have their business card somewhere, I"ll PM you with details if I find it.[/quote]

Thanks! If it’s inside Guang Hua it should be easy to find, just need to walk around a bit. I remember in Nova-Taichung there was only one store with good audio equipment, from the outside it looked like a Sony-store, but then inside they had a lot of other brands.

I definitely need to pay a visit to the store linked by Tempo Gain with all the Beyerdynamic products, yummy! :smiley: (but I’ll have to leave the credit card at home, just enough cash to buy a single pair).

JUst to avoid opening a similar thread, for speakers/audio receivers I guess the various Nova / Guang Hua market would be a good place to start, right? Or is there some specific store to check out?

By far the best place to buy high quality headphones like Audio-Technica is to go to Ximen area. (section 1)
I can’t remember exactly which Street but I do know it is on KaiFeng St. or Hankou St. between Zhonghua Rd and Yanping S. Rd.
There is one shop in particular that allows you to try headphones before buying. And there prices are really good.

Daan area has a Audio-Technica store, on the second floor that you need to buzzed in as its apart of an apartment complex. Not far from Sogo, towards all the trendy boutiques. Sorry I have no idea the name of the street to reference.

Anyone know where I could buy replacement foam parts for some Beyerdynamic headphones in Taipei?

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/distributors/worldwide.html?id=99&user_distributors_pi2[country][]=215&submit_ie=1&user_distributors_pi2[submit]=Find