Looking for a place to dine & wine

Any recommendation for a nice place in downtown Taipei where you can have a nice dinner in a small group and stay on afterwards, i.e. remain at the table to talk 'n relax rather then going somewhere else?

Was thinking of ‘Brown Sugar’ (yep, I like it) but they are fully booked …

Thanks,
Rascal

[quote=“Rascal”]Any recommendation for a nice place in downtown Taipei where you can have a nice dinner in a small group and stay on afterwards, i.e. remain at the table to talk 'n relax rather then going somewhere else?

Was thinking of ‘Brown Sugar’ (yep, I like it) but they are fully booked …

Thanks,
Rascal[/quote]

Try the Shannon or Capones. Live entertainment at both… but depends on the day of the week. Lawry’s is good, Trader Vic’s too, if you’d like an atmosphere to converse.

Chou

How about Dan Ryans, TGIF, Chill’s and Ruby’s (at Warner Village?)

or you can go to those Chinese Tea House where you can enjoy some nice cuisines and have fun w/ the Tea Set afterward. (I can’t remember the name but there is one @ the Living Mall, 12th floor)

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Not a friend of TGIF and Chili’s, thought of the Shannon but perhaps something less Western (not so heavy food) would be preferred.
What’s Trader Vic’s and Ruby’s?

Ruby’s is kind of like TGIF & Chills (oops… did you just said that you are not a big fan of them?) I’ve never been there before but I heard it is pretty good. Oh… Neo 19 have some good restaurants as well.

Azabu Sabo, a Japanese restaurant with varities of food that you can choose from, including yummy yummy desserts!!! The price for a combo is range from $249 to $399. Def. a great place to hang out after dinner. Usually they are good at not kicking you out!! :laughing:

There’s any number of places…

Good wines and fantastic food, Salsa Bistro
Great atmosphere to linger for hours, Amaroni’s
Champagne and buffet, Marco Polo lounge, Far Eastern Hotel
Nice wine, Forcetta
The Garden (god, i can’t remember the name, but it’s near the corner of Anhe and Leli) Great patio
Diamond Tony’s Tian Mu
People’s restaurant
La Famiglia
Joyce Cafe

The Shannon, Ruby’s, TGIF, Chillis?

He said “dine and wine” not “dine and whine”.

Brian

Is that at Neo19?

:wink:

People’s Restuarant
Cool place, decent Asian Fusion food, plus a lounge area, quiet …

Address: B1, 191, Anho Road, Sec. 2, Taipei (

try the living room
homemade style gourmet food
very cool and relaxed
music some nights
not a lot of people know because it’s hard to find
no sign