Looking for a reputable 3 year meditation retreat/monastery in Taiwan

[quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

What I have learnt about life is this. If you are prone to doing A and the universe makes the habit of doing A difficult for you, then go in the opposite direction and do B instead.[/quote]

The Universe is making it difficult for to abstain from drugs, alcohol and sex, isn’t it? Time to go plan B, then. I suggest you move to Taipei. The best place, according to my calculations, would be the spot that is equidistant from Marquee, Lava and Myst.[/quote]

That would be the LAST PLACE in Taiwan I would even waste a single second of my short life in. RFLOL! I would be at the … opposite end of the spectrum… :bow:

[quote=“Budda Boy”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

What I have learnt about life is this. If you are prone to doing A and the universe makes the habit of doing A difficult for you, then go in the opposite direction and do B instead.[/quote]

The Universe is making it difficult for to abstain from drugs, alcohol and sex, isn’t it? Time to go plan B, then. I suggest you move to Taipei. The best place, according to my calculations, would be the spot that is equidistant from Marquee, Lava and Myst.[/quote]

That would be the LAST PLACE in Taiwan I would even waste a single second of my short life in. RFLOL! I would be at the … opposite end of the spectrum… :bow:[/quote]

I am then afraid your paradigm “A. If A difficult, then B” is obscure to me. What’s your “B”?

[quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

That would be the LAST PLACE in Taiwan I would even waste a single second of my short life in. RFLOL! I would be at the … opposite end of the spectrum… :bow:[/quote]

I am then afraid your paradigm “A. If A difficult, then B” is obscure to me. What’s your “B”?[/quote]

He wants to B
Under the C
In a monk’s mountain cave
With U

[quote=“skoster”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

I am then afraid your paradigm “A. If A difficult, then B” is obscure to me. What’s your “B”?[/quote]

He wants to B
Under the C
With U[/quote]

Y?

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“skoster”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

He wants to B
Under the C
With U[/quote]

Y?[/quote]

O, I C U R 1 2!

[quote=“skoster”][quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“skoster”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

He wants to B
Under the C
With U[/quote]

Y?[/quote]

O, I C U R 1 2![/quote]

[quote=“skoster”][quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“skoster”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”][quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Budda Boy”]Well I am just about ready to buy a cheap car and just hop around from mountain cave to mountain cave meditating on my own.

He wants to B
Under the C
With U[/quote]

Y?[/quote]

O, I C U R 1 2![/quote]

I concede: I am an alphabeticist. You have outed me.

My thoughts exactly. It also looks like he has a good knowledge of the sparsely populated mountain ranges of central Taiwan.

I’d say the troubling lack of detail along with obvious inconsistencies points to something else, but there you go. Some people get their kicks doing this.

PM me if you know of anyone living in the mountains with an isolated space to spare…

Ta![/quote]

Like this for instance, sorry cant take you seriously.

perhaps you are in the wrong country. I think my friend has found the nirvana of which you speak. In a town called Pollock Pines, up bout 4000 feet on highway 50 just not too far from South Lake Tahoe.

He has retired at 65 with a small pension. He rented this studio up there for 300 a month (i understand there are one or two other units left) and drives a hand me down car. He visits the bay area once a month to catch up with pals.

I think he is living a very idealistic life now. Hiking in the stunning mountains up there. Skiing in the winter time (hes a loner and he goes cross country hiking and skiing by himself). He rock climbs too. HE golfs. He is surrounded by awesome nature. And even a few small wineries.

Its a holistic and idealistic life and very healthy.
NOt much wealth needed, and all the nature one could want.

There even some female companionship to be had (so im told).

If you can live in the USa , theres more of a chance this is more “something” then trying to find solace in TAiwan.

Unless you are a person able to live deep in the jungles of Taiwan. The island IS pretty crowded.

Or perhaps you could spend time at a monastery in Tibet, close to those majestic mountains there?