Looking for a second-hand bike

Hi,
i am new in Taiwan and will be living in Taoyuan for the next year. I am looking for a second-hand bike to ride in town and sometimes longer trip. I have a budget about 10,000TW. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

I have a KHS aluminium hybrid bike that I can sell for $5000. I paid $12000 two and a half years ago.
The frame (white color) is medium size but I’m 187cm so there’s a lot of leeway for the seatpost.
It’s 12kg in weight and it’s equipped with screw threads on the rear forks if you want to mount a
touring rack on it. It’s missing a front derailleur but I just keep it permanently on the middle chainring
at the front and I’m able to go up all of the hills/mountains around Taipei. PM me if you’re interested.

Welcome to Taiwan! You can get a pretty good new Merida or Giant bike for $10000 NT.

I like to translate these pages with Google chrome when looking for a bike.

giantcyclingworld.com/web/index.php
merida-bikes.com/zh_tw/cms/2 … bikes_2013
tw.bid.yahoo.com/tw/2092076277-c … 1360206362

Let us know what you find.

• M

I’ve got a nice Fuji road bike that i should sell but for around town you would be best off with a hybrid.

I’ve heard a rumor about a ‘bike auction’ that they have in Taipei area (under a bridge somewhere, or close to a bridge) that actions off used bikes.

Not sure if any of you out there have heard about this. Any information would be great. Personally I would rather buy new, but some friends want to get a steel framed road bike and they are having trouble finding something in their price range and were interested in this option.

[quote=“tcarnagan”]I’ve heard a rumor about a ‘bike auction’ that they have in Taipei area (under a bridge somewhere, or close to a bridge) that actions off used bikes.

Not sure if any of you out there have heard about this. Any information would be great. Personally I would rather buy new, but some friends want to get a steel framed road bike and they are having trouble finding something in their price range and were interested in this option.[/quote]

Somewhere is a website listing the bikes up for auction. Saw it a few months ago. Not sure the auction would be worth the cab fare.