Looking for a Watch

Does anyone know where I can find watches at discounted prices in Taipei? I am looking for a particular watch, but you never know.

there’s a big wholesale type watch market on dali street in wanhua. it’s between huanho s rd and hsinhai rd. might be what you’re looking for.

Is that the one in Ximending ? I got mine from a 3 floor place there, I don’t know the address, but the ground floor like a Nova for watches. And personal steroes.

Daltongang, could you be a bit more specific about where exactly the watch market is. I know Huanho S. Rd. and I can see Dali St. on the map, but Xinhai Rd. is way over near Taiwan University… Could you possibly have meant Xiyuan Rd. instead of Xinhai? Whereabouts is this place in relation to Lungshan Temple MRT? Also, could you describe whether this market is on the north or south side of Dali St., and what it looks like from the outside (if you can remember…)?

Thanks for the help!

When I saw this thread I misread the title as “Looking for a Wench”.

(Maybe because that’s what I’m looking for. I already have a watch.)

Good luck to you. I hope you find a market selling the kind of wench you’re looking for… :slight_smile:

Spit it out man what watch are you looking for ? What’s with all this clandestine shit ? How can you expect any help if you won’t even say what kind of watch you’re looking for ? Are we supposed to be mind readers ? Omega ? Rolex ? Fakes ? What ? Allow us to help you.

Today I was in what must be the same place. It was at the southwest corner of Xining and Emei. Finally saw a watch I really liked – but then saw the sticker price of NT$446,000 and thought I’d pass, even if offered a generous discount. :shock:

Well, I don’t know what kind of watch dilemma is looking for or whether s/he ever found it, but the one we’re looking for is “Touch” by Tissot (no Rolexes, and no Fakes either!), seen in our local watch store for NT$ 21 000, but with a discount of NT$ 6 500. I wonder whether places in the watch market could beat that?

Well, I don’t know what kind of watch dilemma is looking for or whether s/he ever found it, but the one we’re looking for is “Touch” by Tissot (no Rolexes, and no Fakes either!), seen in our local watch store for NT$ 21 000, but with a discount of NT$ 6 500. I wonder whether places in the watch market could beat that?[/quote]

I think I would be worried about authenticity. There are some excellent fakes out there. I would have very serious doubts about buying anywhere other than a dealer listed by Tissot, and I would check the serial number with Tissot, if they have one.