Looking for a web developer

Perhaps this should be in Taiwanted – if it’s not okay here, let me know and I’ll move it.

We’ve been getting more work lately than we can do ourselves. On my side of things (code), I’d like to find someone I can pass projects off to from time to time – the first is confirmed for a December start. We usually work on an hourly basis, and I can offer somewhere from NT$300 to NT$700 per hour depending on how fast you can get stuff done. More as time goes on.

Projects are likely to include:

• Content management
  • Scheduling
  • Event registration
  • Online testing
  • Report generation

And so on. So pretty straightforward web stuff. We almost always host finished products ourselves, on virtual dedicated servers running Debian Sarge in the US. This gives us a lot of freedom with toolsets.

I’m kind of a language snob. I prefer Python for the web, with any of the major frameworks – Django, Turbogears, and Nevow (which I use) are all fine. Ruby is fine too, but if it’s Rails then please be familiar enough with its guts and black magic to not run into serious holdups. Perl is okay, but it has to be real clean. Other modern dynamic languages are probably okay too.

PHP, ASP, and JSP are not okay.

A strong working knowledge of XHTML, CSS, Javascript, AJAX, databases, unicode, and user interface design is obviously necessary. You don’t have to be able to read Chinese, but you do have to be able to work with Chinese text in pages.

Write to me at brendonh@taizilla.com if you’re interested.

Thanks,
Brendon