Looking for an accounting job

Does anyone know how to get a work permit in Taiwan ? Am currently working in UAE (Dubai). But I wish to find some job in Taiwan. I visited Taiwan last year and I was planning a trip this year too. But in current situations , there is no regular tourist visa available. And my yearly vacation is coming soon. So I was hoping to get a work permit and come there but I don’t know how or if I can get a job there. Can anyone help me ?

Unless you have special accounting skills that are required, you probably won’t find an accounting job in Taiwan because locals can do this job.

2 Likes

Can you speak and write Chinese fluently? If not, don’t bother. Is there anything extraordinary or special that you can bring to the table? If not, don’t bother.

2 Likes

Also the pat will be very low compared to what you expect. Like $3,000 USD a month.

1 Like

Its definitely possible, I know two who worked in accounting in Taiwan and didn’t know Chinese. One did transfer pricing and the other one valuation of illiquid financial instruments.

You should check with the larger firms(pwc, kpmg, etc).

Compensation is somewhat lower to what you would get in HK and SG, but then again the cost of living is a bit lower as well.

2 Likes

:rofl:
If that.
More like $1,500 USD per month.

1 Like

Ok. :flushed:

What’s the point of even trying to get accounting license when the pay is so low? Retail/starbucks offer nearly the same pay and you don’t need to spend all the time and money to earn a degree and pass a test.

Why is it in Taiwan it seems all jobs pay the same (basically that low amount of around 30,000 a month) regardless of efforts required to qualify for the job? Is it because of overabundance of educated people?

3 Likes

It’s that you have to potential to earn more with experience. Does that play out. I don’t know.

1 Like

Thank you for all the valued opinions. I wanted to come there for 2 or 3month visit. But unfortunately normal visit visa is still not open. So I thought I would try to get a work permit for less than six months. Hmmm …

Yeah … if I could get a decent job in MNC, that experience would help me a lot. And I will have 2 month leave from office soon. And I visited Taiwan last year and I really liked it there.

I had plans to goto SG too. But the cost of living is too high there compared to Taiwan. And am so thankful and glad that you guys replied to me. I was searching high and low for some tips and advices but this the 1st time anyone replied.

Not to mention SG is actually a totalitarian dictatorship, just a benevolent one.

1 Like

there is a job seeking visa.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-158-4158-09d5a-2.html

1 Like

:grin:

Wow … thats a great help . I never knew that a visa like this is available. Thak you soooo much for sharing this to me. I work in a travel agency so I will check with the Taiwan consulate here and check if this visa is open now. Anyway if I come there I wish to treat you in person. Hope everything works out. I am soo eagerly waiting for this. A ray of hope is better than having nothing. Again thank you soo much. :grin::heart_eyes:

Good luck

1 Like