Looking for art studio space near Hsinchu

Hi,
Anyone recommendations for finding an art studio space near Hsinchu? Need something with decent light were I can put holes in the wall. Not even sure were to start…
Thanks for any rec’s!

• V

Sorry for my poor English, I can’t get you very clearly. Seems that you need a space for exhibiting your art works?

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for some place I can work on large drawings and paintings. It would be some place that is ok to get a little bit messy, and hang things on the wall. Sometimes in America there are buildings that have lots of these spaces together for artists. Not sure if there’s anything like that around Hsinchu, or maybe it’s best to look for a rough small apartment for this…thanks for responding.

Never mind. Art is all Greek to me. But there are indeed some art studios in Hsinchu. I’d try to ask them if they have this kind of service.

Much thanks for taking the time to reply. I have a feeling you are right that there are some spaces like this around. My Chinese is pretty bad, but I’ll have to do some investigation…

I’ve left a message on the board of one art studio and sent an E-Mail to another one yesterday. Today, got one response. I asked them if they can provide space for people to paint, and how much will they charge but the teacher who is the owner of the studio teaching how to paint didn’t answer me and just asked me to make him a call.

What questions do you want me to ask him? Available time? Price? (You wouldn’t take it if couldn’t use it for free?)

Thank you! Basically, I am wondering…

• Is the space private, semi-private or shared?
  • Can I get into it anytime of the day or night?
  • How much does it cost?
    My budget for the space is up to 10K NT a month…if people were willing to speak a little English or tolerate my terrible Chinese that would help. Also, if it’s possible to know were the studios are located I would be happy to stop by and visit if that’s allowed or possible. Thanks again!

[quote=“vans”]Thank you! Basically, I am wondering…

• Is the space private, semi-private or shared?
  • Can I get into it anytime of the day or night?
  • How much does it cost?
    My budget for the space is up to 10K NT a month…if people were willing to speak a little English or tolerate my terrible Chinese that would help. Also, if it’s possible to know were the studios are located I would be happy to stop by and visit if that’s allowed or possible. Thanks again![/quote]

This is his website.
tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!E.d9MwCfH … 4-/profile

I’ve called him but I have no idea about your requirements, for example, can you share the space with other painters, what time do you wanna use, how big are your works, these were the questions the teacher asked me.
In the talk on the phone, he didn’t refer to the charge, probably it’s free.

I think you can contact with him directly, there’s no problem to talk to him in English.

His phone number: 03-5456147

Below is the location of his studio. It’s in Hsinchu city, you didn’t clearly tell me where you live. In case, the answer is Hsinchu county, I have to find another one for you.

新竹市東區培英街11號
No.11, Peiying St., East Dist., Hsinchu City 300, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
0rz.tw/67nIC

Good luck

Many thanks for the kindness in tracking down this info! I live in Chubei, so it’s not too far, and the place looks pretty cool. I am planning on going down on my scooter and checking it out. Even if the space doesn’t work out it will be interesting to talk with people there are hear about some of the art related things happening around. Cool to know that they are ok with English too! Thank you!! If you ever need anything just PM me! All the best to you, - Vans

You’re welcome. If you need, I can try to find one in Chubei.

Your info helps a lot. I’ll plan on looking at this place in Hsinchu first. Thanks