Looking for Group Therapy

Hello, I am living in Taipei and am wondering if there is any group therapy for people dealing with mental health issues? I have tried both individual and group therapy in the past, and I feel like group therapy is a lot more helpful for me.

1 Like

Don’t think they really have it here, that’s more of a US thing.

Perhaps you could join one of the churches? There seems to be quite many of them around, I’ve seen them like sing and wave their hands and stuff, perhaps that could help you ?

Yeah I don’t think it’s really a thing here. Unfortunately.

Yeah, I thought it was kind of a long shot. I’m not religious at all so I don’t really think it’s something I’m interested in. Thanks for your help though

I first heard about Group therapy at the Community Services Center in Taipei when I got here almost 30 years ago. I’m having difficulty finding specific information about that on their website right now, but that would certainly be a good place to start if you are in Taipei

http://www.communitycenter.org.tw

2 Likes

Have you considered, like, not going to therapy? Most people do just fine without it, and frankly its kind of odd.

“Looking for X”. “Have you considered not looking for X?”

Useful stuff.

8 Likes

Just an observation…a serious answer. I think for a lot of people here, they treat this forum as group therapy already…Just try to talk about half this stuff to friends back home…Those friends who likely all REALLY want to know about your time in Thailand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Define “odd”.

Like, most people don’t do it.

Most people don’t do cancer treatment and they do just fine without it.

1 Like

Lots of people get therapy and many benefit from it. Not odd at all.

1 Like

It’s odd to make an issue about it. What’s the problem with people getting therapy henkka01? You’ve piqued my interest.

Good point. Ghost of Steve Jobs cosigns…

What a spectacularly ignorant and unhelpful thing to state in public.

OP, while group therapy is not for me…aside from my writer’s group where everyone thinks they are a therapist…social groups might help you out. However if you want to address an issue with people who have experience the same or similar issues, look online. I’m certain there are virtual groups you could join.

One caveat. You get what you pay for.

1 Like

I’m glad you have come around and agree with me. Therapy could help people and possibly save lives.

1 Like

I contacted them a while ago, for individual therapy, but the never followed through. If they indeed have group therapy, it would be nice.

Not gonna waste my time responding to the cesspool of other comments in this thread

2 Likes