Looking for help with Taipei blog

Hi,

I’m looking for some help writing posts for a website about Taipei.

Started 1 year ago, I’ve already built it into one of best ranking blogs in Taiwan, with many posts ranking on Google on the first or second page.

It covers food/drink/info/culture/events/attractions/sport. Basically, almost everything you can do in Taipei. I am mainly looking for people to help with bars/clubs/restaurants/events now.

If you think you could add value, and have a passion for eating/drinking out, along with a good knack for writing and photos - please drop me an email at:

taipeitravelgeek@gmail.com

I would prefer native/fluent English speakers, but if you are also fluent in Chinese and could translate my posts, that would definitely be a bonus!

My website is www.taipeitravelgeek.com

I know it doesn’t look that great currently, but I’ll be looking to improve it in the near future.

It ranks highly for general terms like cinema/brunch/bars/events/sim cards/easycard/youbike
Also ranks highly for many attractions including Maokong Gondola/Songshan Cultural and Creative Park/Taipei Zoo/Xinyi Shopping District
Also for individual bars/restaurants such as Jin Feng Braised Pork Rice/Sugar Pea Cafe/Ay Chung Flour Rice Noodles/On Tap/Acme Breakfast Club and dozens more

Try them in Google to see for yourself :slight_smile:

Website looks good. Are you paying for content or is it for the love of the game?

There are a few referral links in there already for things like Klook. I will be looking to add more, plus adverts at some point in the future.

So I’ll be willing to split any revenue earned, dependant on the number of posts :slight_smile:

Would you be open to exchanging links?

2004 called, it wants its terminology back.

internet was better back then tbh

2 Likes

If you have something worth linking, I’ll be happy to link to it.

But I honestly don’t think Google puts much weight to backlinks now, unless they’re from a website with a high domain authority score.

OK, I will give it some thought. I would have thought having a link from Forumosa to your blog would give you a lot of relevant exposure. The link could be in a banner campaign or in a navigation strip (at the top) or a sitemap (at the bottom)

Here is one calculation of the site’s Domain Authority Score. Looks like we have a way to go

My humblest apologies. I didn’t realise you started Forumosa!

Sure, I’d be very grateful if we could exchange links :slight_smile:

Would it be best to discuss via email?

No worries. Email or PM is fine. You can reach me at gus@forumosa.com