Looking for my mother, please help

My name is Richard Tsai, I am the kid in these photo
The woman in the photo is my mother
Her name is Elizabeth Diane Edwards
I have lost contact with her since 2006
please contact me if you know her, Thanks.

More info may be useful.

• Was she last seen in Taiwan?

• Where is she from?

• Roughly how old would she be now?

If she’s still in Taiwan and has foreign friends, there is a decent chance someone on this forum may know her.

she left Taiwan around 2008, I do not know where she went
she is from America, West Virginia
I think she is around 48 now
she used to be a teacher in Kang Chiao International School

Have you asked AIT for help?

1 Like

When were these pictures taken?

The second one was taken in February 2003 according to the timestamp.

AIT will not share personal information unless that person has specifically said ok, unless there is a court order, or similar situation. And then still not so easy.

Yes but they could perhaps contact the mother, and make her aware that her son is looking for her, then prompting her to contact him.

Which one? There is one in Xindian and one in Linkou and maybe more.

Where where you living then?

Don’t expect help from AIT. They won’t even help their own citizens (presumably OP is a US Citizen if his mom is one, it doesn’t matter if the birth is registered by the way, as legal process exists to confirm them), and they most likely would not share personal information.

Now if the person is still in Taiwan, there are various 徵信社 who can do this, they employ legal and sometimes less than legal methods to get what you want. If the person is in the USA, there are similar agencies in the US who can use publicly available data (such as drivers license info, social media search, etc.) to locate the person.

OP should probably pursue such avenues.

If the goal of the OP is to confirm citizenship, then birth records proving that she is your birth mother will suffice. Her permission is not needed.

1 Like

The one in the mountains, she used to teach in kindergarten, she taught in elementary for like 2 years before disappearing.

I am Taiwanese, finished conscription, never been to USA, I have no interest in USA citizenship, I just want to talk to my mother again.

“徵信社” pricing is absurd and they won’t garentee they will find her even after they accept your money, it’s usually runned by local mafias and crime syndicates.

2 Likes

AIT is not mom.

They help people that have a justifiable need.

They give assistance and recommendations to others.

Just because someone is in a foreign country doesn’t mean they can run to the USG to pay for food or job or a house or a plane ticket or health care.

There are agencies that help in the US for that.

There is some small assistance, but adults need to manage their own life just like back home.

Do you mean she disappeared and was never heard from again by anyone?

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: AIT gripes

Do you have any ideas about why she disappeared? What does your father have to say about why she left and where she went?

2 Likes

It’s possible one of her coworkers still work at the school. Perhaps you can look for teachers with resumes that goes back that long and see if they knew her and maybe clues on where she went to next. Maybe possible also to look at LinkedIn to see if anyone lists working at the school during that time.

Maybe go to the school and see if HR can help you find anyone that worked there at that time.

Do you know her alma mater? There are usually alumni groups you can maybe ask to see if anyone kept in contact.

1 Like

@richard91200, if your mother travelled back to the US, is there a chance she could be teaching there, perhaps in her home town now? Would it be worth contacting schools in the area that she is from?

They probably won’t. If a person signs a “no contact” document, they will keep what they know to themselves. I know this. They are not a middleman unless a LOT has changed over there.