Looking for my Taiwanese father

And you need his details for this. Tell your mother this. She is being very cruel and controlling.
If you get his details he could possibly pay for your trip but you can’t just travel to taiwan and stroll around expecting to bump in to him it doesn’t work like that.

She’s not telling me the truth and said she well not

My suggestion:

1. you are underage
  2. you have no money
  3. you have no idea where to start to look for your Taiwan daddy.

under such circumstances what I would do is to bide my time. Be a good daughter much as you can, don’t mention your taiwan father at this time.

Wait till you are

1. over 18
  2. have your own source of income
  3. living without need of your family to control you

Then start looking for your TAiwan dad, gather as much info as you can, eventually you may be able to piece enough clues together to be successful.

8 Likes

Here in the Philippines 18 years old cant decide what to do because we still under by someone who raise me up or family or parents you cant decide till your not graduate or much older…

looks to me the time for you to find your dad in Taiwan is not yet ripe.

We all need goals , but only goals that are achievable are going to meet with success.

you have a goal (to find your Dad) but you are as yet not equipped for this voyage of discovery. You don’t have the means (money and information) to set sail on this project as yet. And being underage denies you legal abilities being of age can provide. Such as getting a passport and visas, etc.

Bide your time and build up your stores for your voyage in the future. I wish you good fortune.

8 Likes

Thankyou sir

1 Like

Again talking from experience, i don’t think its the best thing to get her hopes up.

Why destroy a persons dream just because it’s hard and the results may be unfulfilling.

We do not know for a fact that what she wishes for can not come true Some day in the future

She needs to have a vision of hope for the future

Life is dark sometimes and in those times all we have is a dream a hope an inspiration to help us through another day

If that is all someone has why would you take that away ?

Yesterday I saw a program on tv I thought was insightful and I’m going to follow that

Basically it is that you need to always. Be thankful of what you have and you need to imagine and keep thinking about. What you want because if you keep thinking it …it could one day come true

Do not under-estimate the power of thought and desire

Those things guided all who became great or famous

3 Likes

Tommy, Putting her hope into a father that has done nothing to contact her in her almost 20 yrs of life is not a good idea. If he turns out to be a disappointment - likely. It’s only going to make things worse for the girl.

If things work out then great but chances are he will be a disappointment. Pursue it, but go in with lower expectations please. I have to say the guy also probably has a family of his own at this point, that is also going to complicate things.

3 Likes

It’s pretty much an endeavor that is most likely not going to work out as well as she hopes but seems she is a girl who is in an unhappy situation at present

She is maybe looking for a dad who can help her out of her present situation and if she had more info to go work there is a chance

Not every man is the same

If I came across a daughter of mine that I didn’t know about I would want to know her and will welcome her

I may not be the norm but to me if I had a child out there I’d want to know and would help

Unfortunately as I’ve told her she had to wait till she can take care of herself and find more info when she grows up more

Perhaps you yourself would not want to be surprised with a child you didn’t know about but not everyone thinks like that

I have cats who I think are my kids lol

Even though I’m pretty sure I’m not their real daddy

3 Likes

There is nothing quite as stressful and frustrating as not knowing where you fit in someone’s life…specifically your mom’s. It’s an excruciating pain you have to deal everyday within yourself. There’s nothing we can do to mitigate the pain coz it demands to be felt. You’d been fighting a onerous battle seeking for love and affection from your mom and the longing of your father’s presence.

You are a one tough soul after all. And you need to be more tougher if you are determined enough to know/meet your father. But first, start with yourself. It’ll always start with you Nash. Love yourself. Focus on yourself. This world is cruel for those who don’t know how to fight. Refusing to accept things/situations the way that they are will give you more disappointment.
The talk we had in PM’s… looks like you’ll never get any info from your mom… so let it rest for now. Refrain from asking. Good things happen when you least expect it. Every gloomy day have a silver lining. Start with your mindset.
Sabi nga ni Nora Aunor, luluhod ang nga tala. But don’t hold grudges to your mom or your family who had loathed you. Well, you can’t help it but try not to. It will be more of an extra baggage that will weigh you down.
Pray lng tayo. Ako napag daanan ko din yan. I was a little bit older than you. But that doesn’t stop me from my goals. People here shared their life related to you as a proof that you too, can overcome the situation you are in right now. Pakatatag lng Nash. But accept the possibilities that you may not come to know him, or baka hindi ka niya kikilalanin na anak. Or baka wala na siya. Ang importante nangarap ka at nag asam ng presensiya niya sa buhay mo. At hindi mo binalewala ang posibilidad na makasama at makilala siya balang araw.
Love yourself, it’ll all start from there. From you. Choices change our lives. Choose your self. For now. That’s the best thing you can do. Also, a huge favor for yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

In the 90s and early 2000, when social media was still non-existent, illicit affairs between married and unmarried OFWs where very rampant in Taiwan. Filipinos call this FTO or For Taiwan Only relationship. Unfortunately, most of the “victims” then are single innocent women who were working abroad for the first time. You see, it was very hard back then to verify if a man courting you is single or already married. During my stay here in Taiwan, I have personally witnessed hundreds of single ladies going home (Philippines) pregnant with no husband in tow. Sadly, this is still happening until today, even with the advent of social media.

There is a reason your mother does not want to talk about your father. All you can do is strive hard and improve your life. Try to marry a rich man, because when you are already rich, all your lost relatives including your father will be the one knocking on your door to introduce themselves to you.

Yes life is hard, but at least you still have people you can depend on. I was abandoned as a baby by my parents and had to sell cigarettes in the middle of the road to survive as a teen. There were times back then when I did not have anything to eat for more than two weeks straight. But I survived, and now have a better life here in Taiwan.

Don’t put all your hopes and your future in the hands of someone who hasn’t been there for you since you were born. That’s an act of sheer folly!

15 Likes

That’s bravery!
Hats off to you!

7 Likes

Were you a what they called “takatak boy”? Traffic, pollution., rain or shine hustling in the middle of the street. A tough row to hoe. Yet, you made it. Respect.:pray:

2 Likes

Yes, the OG takatak boy. :wink:

Unfortunately, can’t sell cigarettes during typhoons. So yeah, I had experienced hunger like no one will ever know.

7 Likes

It was like chasing what you can bring to the table for your family at the end of the day. I’d lived in an outskirts and was used to chase cows , ducks, goats etc… but you chase jeepneys and buses for a peso or two. Life’s different appearances.

1 Like

Why your so mean? I just want to see my father its okay if he dont accept me as long as Im happy to see him…

Okay I give up😢 I know I could reach him

Thankyou po ate

1 Like

Inspirational story, but it must have been extremely hard. How could you survive without eating for two weeks ?
Now hunger is rampant again there due to covid.

You don’t need your biological father or mother.
You need a motherly or fatherly figure to provide the love that your relatives miserably failed to provide. I think you can find those kind people someday!

But also don’t put too much expectations on a dating partner to be able to provide that kind of parental love.

5 Likes