Looking for old manual focus lenses

Hi everyone,

I’m currently living in Taipei, and I’ve been looking into buying manual focus legacy lenses such as the canon FDn 50mm 1.4 or the Konika Hexanon 40mm, Minolta rokkor 50mm or others. I’m not really set on which one yet. These type of lenses can be bought on ebay, but since I’m in Taiwan and most vendors I’ve seen were in Europe or the US, the shipping fees are very high US$30-40 for lenses around US$10-60.

Anyone know of any specialized stores that would sell these types of lenses here? Or even a taiwanese website where I could buy it from someone here? (I don’t read chinese but I could always ask some friends to help me navigate the website)

Thanks!

There are a couple of secondhand camera stores around Bo-ai.

I have an old lens for a manual Nikon. When I get home tonight I’ll send you the specs.
Anyone else looking for an old Nikon F2 body and/or lens?
Kent

evergreen-photo: Would you happen to know a specific store where you had a good experience? Where the salespersons are knowledgeable, with decent price and won’t rip me off? Or have a good return policy? I’m new to all this, I’ve just recently started looking into MF lenses online on forums such as dpreview.com.

bentster: great, let me know all the specs and condition of the lens.

Oh, and also I forgot to ask, but I’m guessing an adapter for an E-mount body shouldn’t be too hard to find around Bo-ai?
How about a store called ewhat? They have one around zhishan mrt, and also heard about a recent opening around fuxing. Do they sell second hand lenses? I have a friend who got her point & shoot canon there for around 4500NT a while back while everywhere else in taipei (bo-ai and guanghua) the price was closer to 6000NT. Apparently service there was great.

[quote=“jchen85”]

How about a store called ewhat? They have one around zhishan MRT, and also heard about a recent opening around Fuxing. Do they sell second hand lenses? I have a friend who got her point & shoot canon there for around 4500NT a while back while everywhere else in taipei (bo-ai and guanghua) the price was closer to 6000NT. Apparently service there was great.[/quote]

ewhat are good but they don’t sell second hand gear.

You could try online at keybuy.photosharp.com.tw/KEYBUY/

Thanks, found a couple of legacy lenses on there, but the prices are pretty high, I also found this website mobile01.com which has some lenses as well but also with pretty high prices. It’s still mostly cheaper on ebay even with the very expensive shipping fees.

Anyone ordered on ebay from tw before? Are custom fees necessary? If yes how much?

Will have to check out some second hand stores around bo-ai when I have a chance.

[quote=“cfimages”]
ewhat are good but they don’t sell second hand gear.

You could try online at keybuy.photosharp.com.tw/KEYBUY/[/quote]

old manual focus lenses = :bravo:

I have an entire dry cabinet full of them. I need to sell a few at some point but they are Pentax mount or screwmount. I found that the best way to get them is to buy 5-6 on Ebay at once and then have a family member ship them at the same time.

However I did break down and buy my first really good modern lens last month. I like it. :discodance:

There’s also this one near Bo-ai - they’re actually on the corner of Yanping S and Zhongxiao.

js-foto.com.tw/

They have mostly used but are only open weekdays.