Looking for reading materials for a 10-yr old boy

Hi,
I am looking for reading materials for a 10-yr old boy whose english reading ability is about that of a 7 or 8 yr old. he’s rather smart, and is into sports and computer games like other boys his age. I would like to find some novels(or just books) for him to read that are appropriate for his age. The books I found so far are either suited for his english level but too childish, or beyond his ability even though the story might interest him. anyone have any suggestions?
thanks!!

I would take him to a book store such as Estlite/caves with me to make the choice. There are tons and tons of books to choose from. I think both of you should choose it. It’s a great idea. I would like to do the same later. Let us know how it progresses.

The Phantom Tollbooth…enough said.

there’s a series of books called “goosebumps” that is good for that reading level.

goosebumps is good and so are the Magic Tree House books.

As JD said, the Magic Treehouse books. These are really good and there’s over 30 of them. I’ve got a couple of 4th and 6th graders who have been reading one every day or two for about 3 weeks now. Kids aged about 7-12 love them.

Brian

thanx a lot guys!!!