Looking for sugar substitute

In America it’s a very popular sugar substitute. We even replace the sugar in Coke with HFCS.

Yes, I know. But…different meaning. :sweat_smile:

I think he was asking “what’s a non-nutritive sugar substitute I can buy in Taiwan to reduce my calorie intake?” rather than “I’m a food manufacturer looking for a cheaper and more processable sugar substitute to put in my products, despite it making people fat.”

2 Likes

I buy this one from Japan

1 Like

You can try Stevia ,
There are some brands like SweetLeaf that you can find online ( shopee )

1 Like

stevia has a sweeter taste but a stronger aftertaste than monk fruit

1 Like

I just saw this monk fruit sweetener ice cream at my Carrefour. They have 6 flavors; I’m trying chocolate. NT$199 for a pint. I know it won’t be as good as Ben & Jerry’s, but it also won’t be 101g of sugar and 1,100 calories per pint (and I can’t stop until I’ve eaten the entire pint)

1 Like

That’s not a pint, is it? Seems to be 285 grams.

I love the matcha flavoured one! Has anybody else tried the other flavours?

1 Like

I call this general size a pint. Here’s a comparison with a carton (pint?) of Häagen-Dazs (saving for a special occasion)…

They look to have the same volume. Luxury ice cream is denser and thus heavier, so the cheap stuff will weigh fewer grams.

I think you’re being short-changed. Still, you can feel less guilty about eating a pint of ice cream if it’s not really a pint. :wink:

1 Like

I order this online and have it delivered to the 711. Sweet stuff !!!

1 Like

You can buy them in bulk from places like DeChemical.com.tw

DeChemical.com.tw isn’t working for me.

https://shop.dechemical.com.tw

1 Like

It’s an invert sugar, glucose-fructose mix.

I drink them pure and eat some dark chocolate with it, makes it sweet and ups the anti-oxidants.

1 Like

That’s not what people usually mean when they are looking for a sugar substitute. They’re looking for zero kilocalorie sweetener.

Hello, who were you speaking to when sending this link? They sell Equal or other zero sweeteners? Thanks

You? Anyone else who wanted to know? You were the one who created the thread asking about this, after all.

They sell big bags of sorbitol, among other things. I also got citric acid there, and I think maybe sodium citrate. You can get baking soda in fifty pound bags if you want as well, but I didn’t get that because I don’t run a commercial bakery.

You can ask about other sweeteners. I didn’t look; I like sorbitol.

They also sell stuff for cosmetics.

The shop is on Tienshui Road, southwest of the traffic circle two intersections west of Zhongshan MRT.

1 Like

Put a couple cups in each laundry cycle to soften the water and reduce odors. Baking soda in with the clothes and white vinegar in the fabric softener tray.

2 Likes