Looking for work in pandemic times

It’s not out of this world but it is enough to communicate well in a work environment. I did my undergrad here in a national university so the entire program was in Chinese. It was adapt or die lol. I’m in the LCD industry.

Thanks a lot mate!
Really nice to see that.

1 Like

In what industry are you currently in and what kind of job would you be interested in doing?

I am in Technical Sales, and I work in Cloud and Telecom.
I got experience in Europe, Hong Kong and Singapore and I have a kinda senior role since 6-7 years ago.

So ideally my goal will be to look for a job in telecom/cloud sales, pre-sales or even technical account management.

Currently I speak English, Spanish and a little bit of Italian, but my goal is to do an hardcore year in ICLP to become hopefully conversational fluent in Mandarin in 12 months time and then look for job.

30, 9 years of relevant work experience, I have a degree and a few certifications.

End of my profile haha

1 Like

What kind?

I have an ITIL one, two AWS one, one Microsoft fundamentals.

I would focus on cloud over telecom, you could provide a lot more value there and have a lot more fun. It is a lot more difficult to get into cloud than telecom but telecom is pretty boring here. My first gig was technical sales of network equipment for telecoms, I felt I was wasting my life, but it is a stable and secure job/industry once you are in.

1 Like

I agree with that.
Telecom is a very boring field, specially if you work for the big names such as Chunghwa etc…
However it is also easy to make good comms since a lot of companies just buy fat pipes/circuits from them.

I like cloud much more though. To be fair I like to sell enterprise software in general, so who knows. We will see.

My main concern would be the basic salary, but I guess this is an issue for another day :slight_smile:

1 Like