Looking to buy a road bike

Hi all! I’m doing a summer language program in Taipei for the next few months and I’m excited to do some cycling while I’m here. To that end, I’m on the lookout for a decent road bike, either new or 2nd hand. Would anybody have any advice on good local bike shops around the Da’an (or nearby) area, or whether it would be best to go through the big brands like Giant/Merida, or is anybody looking to sell a bike themselves? My Mandarin isn’t great, but I can get by, so a non-English-speaking bike shop isn’t a dealbreaker.

My budget is flexible, but I’m looking for something in the rough ballpark of ~30,000 NTD (would be willing to pay more for a good deal) with a 105 or better groupset. I’m 174cm tall and my old bike was 51cm, but could probably ride up to 54cm.

Let me know if there is any information that I forgot to mention - thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Hello,

I am American and I own a bicycle shop in Taipei near Dadaocheng. I can help you find anything new or used within your budget. I may already have a few frames and bikes ready to go for you. I can also do custom builds and bike service. Swing by my shop anytime 11am-7pm.

Taipei Bike Works
0982-277-996
https://g.page/TaipeiBikeTours?share

2 Likes