Looking to share info with others. Newbie or not

Relax. It is no doubt just an amusing interlude, a joke. When one has seen Sanchong, one will well realise just how apt.
:laughing:

[quote=“Cinephile”]Ok, I get it. Sarcasm to the misinformed newbie. Rite of passage?

So there’s no truth behind that ‘‘buxiban disctrict’’ claim of yours either.

Thanks for helping out. Really.

Anyone else?[/quote]

There is a buxiban district. It is not in Sanchong, but around Taipei Main Station. However, Sanchong would be the closest burb to it.

And Sanchong is not that bad, actually. It has a bike path!

By law, all buxibans have to be located in the buxiban district, in Sanchong.[/quote]

OK! That’s good to know. :thumbsup:
That makes things a lot easier when looking for a job then :slight_smile: I really thought they could open a buxiban anywhere near schools. So, the kids travel a lot more than the teachers in the end![/quote]
Unless you live in the glorious metropolis of Sanchong, jewel of New Taipei City, of course. Living in Sanchong can best be described as a constant stimulation of the senses. The air is fresh, the streets are safe, the women all wear short skirts. One wonders why anyone would ever choose to live anywhere else, except of course for reasons of mental illness or defect.[/quote]

You must include pictures or the newbie won’t believe us.

The streets are safe in the sense that overall, safety from crime, as such is not a concern in Taiwan. OTOH, crossing the street can be quite unsafe due to traffic conditions and I would discourage you from driving a scooter because of this. I got run over 3 times until I got into the rhythm, if you know what I mean.

If you are a young, heterosexual male, you will find eye candy aplenty. Short skirts are in fashion now. Very short ones. If not, I am sorry to inform you male fashion is now Korean starlet inspired spiky hair, leather jackets and tight leggings in bright colors such as neon pink or sky blue. :ohreally: And I wish I was kidding…

[quote=“Cinephile”]Ok, I get it. Sarcasm to the misinformed newbie. Rite of passage?

So there’s no truth behind that ‘‘buxiban disctrict’’ claim of yours either.

Thanks for helping out. Really.

Anyone else?[/quote]
Sorry man, it was humor. Ar-ar-ar-ar-ar.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Relax. It is no doubt just an amusing interlude, a joke. When one has seen Sanchong, one will well realise just how apt.
:laughing:[/quote]
I was going to say Yonghe, but Yonghe has redeeming features. :slight_smile:

Google Street View. Learn it, use it, love it.

Yes, but not by law, with all buxibans in it. That’s just [strike]the worst infestation[/strike] a prime central location.

Unfortunately, they usually have some sort of cross-piece to cover the most interesting bits, so really, they’re more like short shorts. Not quite Daisy Dukes, but lacier.

[quote=“IdeaRat”]
Sorry man, it was humor. Ar-ar-ar-ar-ar.[/quote]

Sarcasm isn’t easy to detect on the Internet, especially when you’re not familiar with the subject. No harm done :wink:

So you guys know where I could post an ad to find other people who are planning the move like me? What section of the forum? Or maybe elsewhere? Facebook? Classifieds?

I don’t care where they’re from.

[quote=“Cinephile”][quote=“IdeaRat”]

Sarcasm isn’t easy to detect on the Internet, especially when you’re not familiar with the subject. No harm done :wink:

So you guys know where I could post an ad to find other people who are planning the move like me? What section of the forum? Or maybe elsewhere? Facebook? Classifieds?

I don’t care where they’re from.[/quote]

Craiglist?

There is a Food for Foreigners group in facebook. That is important, me thinks. :smiley:

[quote=“Cinephile”][quote=“IdeaRat”]

I don’t care where they’re from.[/quote]

Try tealit? Or maybe Dave’s? I’d throw in a recommendation for /b/, but you don’t seem to detect humor well, and they might kill you.