Losing baby teeth

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Highland Toffee Bars - the perfect tool for pulling a wobbly tooth and yummy to boot

I would have loved to diddle the tooth fairy but she stopped coming by before I hit puberty. :wink:[/quote]
Highland Toffee Bars! Me too! :laughing:
As for the not coming? You just weren’t doing it right.

MT, I love the idea of the wee mouth-shaped box. Where did your wife get it?

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Edgar Allen”]Highland Toffee Bars - the perfect tool for pulling a wobbly tooth and yummy to boot

I would have loved to diddle the tooth fairy but she stopped coming by before I hit puberty. :wink:[/quote]
Highland Toffee Bars! Me too! :laughing:
As for the not coming? You just weren’t doing it right.

MT, I love the idea of the wee mouth-shaped box. Where did your wife get it?[/quote]
Truly great idea. I always thought I’d buy one of those cheapo toy sharks and pull out it’s plastic teeth and glue in my kiddos teeth but a human mouth sounds more sensible and doable.

We never had tooth fairies, but I aways wondered why weren’t there any male fairies and my cousins would tell me action heroes were the men-fairies. Seems funny now…

Some online TW shopping site. I’ll see if she can find the link again.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
So here’s my question. In the West, do parents also take their kids to the dentist to yank out the old teeth to make room for the new ones? I don’t remember that at all from my childhood, but perhaps I blanked it out. Is it really necessary, or will they 99% of the time simply fall out on their own as the new ones come in?[/quote]

If it’s of any interest - in Germany the child’s dentists recommend not to pull baby teeth since it could disturb the alignment of the neighboring teeth - if a tooth has to be pulled for some reason and there is no new one coming yet, they might even put a placeholder in. (We are not there yet, this is all theoretical information). The health insurance companies recommend that children should go to the dentist every 6 months as a precaution - they are paying for that, too.

Normally teeth are not pulled, but it can be necessary if they are caries infected - sometimes there is a chance that they could infect the new teeth.

If you pull a baby tooth yourself, I think this method is the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIq-vG7tm8s

Some online TW shopping site. I’ll see if she can find the link again.[/quote]
Oh I wish I had this now…My girl is shedding teeth bwahahahahaha, and I’d like to keep her pearly pearls. Ofcourse any box’ll do. :neutral:

And does anyone have any ideas on what to give the girl when the tooth falls off…she is being incredibly brave and un anxious about it.

Oh I wish I had this now…My girl is shedding teeth bwahahahahaha, and I’d like to keep her pearly pearls. Ofcourse any box’ll do. :neutral:

And does anyone have any ideas on what to give the girl when the tooth falls off…she is being incredibly brave and un anxious about it.[/quote]
YOU don’t give her anything at all apart from maybe a hug. She must put the tooth under her pillow before she goes to sleep. In the night, the Tooth Fairy comes, takes the tooth and leaves a shiny coin in its place.
When I lost mine, it was sixpence, but rates have gone up since the mid-60s, and my friend told me last Sunday that his daughter’s currently pulling down NT$50 per tooth! :astonished:

And that video is absolutely hilarious! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And does anyone have any ideas on what to give the girl when the tooth falls off…she is being incredibly brave and un anxious about it.[/quote]
YOU don’t give her anything at all apart from maybe a hug. She must put the tooth under her pillow before she goes to sleep. In the night, the Tooth Fairy comes, takes the tooth and leaves a shiny coin in its place.
When I lost mine, it was sixpence, but rates have gone up since the mid-60s, and my friend told me last Sunday that his daughter’s currently pulling down NT$50 per tooth! :astonished:

And that video is absolutely hilarious! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]
:laughing: Well we can’t put a shiny coin under her pillow coz most of 'em are greasy here AND the highest denominator of a coin is Rupees 5 which I am sure is much less in value than your six pence. Hence, what does the tooth fairy put under her pillow??? And does the fairy visit us after EVERY tooth??? :laughing:

in response to the tooth fairy thingy…first i tell him that the tooth fairy won’t come unless the window is open, screen closed, as just like tinkerbell, she can fit in small spaces…the open window in summer heat is dealt with closing the window once the child is sleeping…my gift, just like when i was a kid was $1 cad…so i give him $30 NT which has to go straight into the piggy bank…i tell my son that the baby teeth are recycled and given to other babies when they are teething…just like grandpa’s hair is given to babies without hair…and that’s why grandpa used to have hair but now is bald…circle of life, works like a charm.

my son is going to approach the wobbly tooth phase soon & i’m wondering what the tooth fairy pays out these days?

NT$50 in this house.

She’s getting generous.