Lost Cause

Please temp forum/delete me. I’m being a horse’s ass.

:laughing:

The latter works best.

Bye.

HG

[quote=“j99l88e77”]Actually, I just started reading the OP’s first post and :snore:

Sorry.[/quote]

Well, I’ve enjoyed reading this. Reminds me of old magazines that would print stories in installments every month. Thanks Fox, keep them coming! :bravo:

Thanks guys. I can’t imagine its for everybody.

Sure you’re right, but as Fred would say, let 'em bug out back to the what’s my favourite colour section.

Enjoying this on so many fronts Fox. Do continue.

HG

The Wake-up Call

The Information Project where Meiling worked with John Burns had become one of the more important projects in the camp. They produced the camp newspaper and balanced information was at a premium. The reality of the camp closures was sinking in, albeit slowly. Ban Vinai was the largest of the Lao camps and central to Hmong politics. The battle for hearts and minds raged daily, and the information project for many in the Hmong resistance was a seditious force. The project tried valiantly to present the Hmong with the reality of their options, but like the alarm clock that gets incorporated into your dreams their wake up call rang out in a timeless, seamless world of long rifles, crossbows, and Jesus as the holy pig.

Being a stateless tribe has distinct disadvantages. The Hmong, typically known by the Chinese name, Miao, which refers to the weeds that grow in rice paddies, have fought the good fight since the days of Genghis Khan to avoid the Final Solution and whilst they fought with the US troops against the Communist low-land Lao, the reality is that they

Fine words Fox. Feel like I’m there. Starting to worry, however, that the whole thing is going to end in tears. Bring us down gently now. Looking forward to the next installment.

:moo:

Each installment has a brilliant line or two. This one had three…

[quote]… and whilst they fought with the US troops against the Communist low-land Lao, [i]the reality is that they

I’m with Guangtou . . . nervously plodding across the mud wondering what can possibly happen next . . . but knowing from what’s already transpired it is likely to be more extreme than anything life has dealt me thus far.

Go Fox!

HG

Welcome to the Jungle

Anne Marie Brody and I were neighbors but our houses were separated by a block of land that stretched down to the riverbank. The area was used to moor and launch small riverboats. It was also a place where much of the contraband from Laos was smuggled. I enjoyed my nights immensely sitting on my upstairs patio staring into the silhouetted blackness of Vientiane

:notworthy: :notworthy:

You bastard!! This is a bloody cliff hanger! Out with it man, what happened?!!!

It’s alright, I’m okay now, I’ll settle back in and buckle up my seatbelt, promise!

HG

Interestingly enough one of my best friends is heading up to the camps to do some volunteer teaching as part of his Master’s program…Arrived today.

Should I introduce him to this thread?.. :smiling_imp:

Shit, wasn’t aware the latest one was out… My post notification thingy is on the blink, and (as said previously) I’m a bit slow on the whole. Have to run out the door now, so no chance to read it before later tonight. Some good bedtime reading to look forward to. :moo: Fox, no more installments until I’ve read this last one, OK?

Have you noticed my new favorite emoticon? :moo: He’s a good looking bastard, don’t you think?

One of my chores as a kid was to hand milk one of those fresians; he looks like he’s got his pizzle hooked up to the machine in some kind of fortunate accident.

I have enjoyed the read thanks for putting in the time to print it.

Keep it coming

Courage

Initially the news of the Camp Commander dating Paula aroused minimal interest in me, mostly because any issues of the heart do. What constitutes the pathway to love is so varied and convoluted that holding an opinion on it one way or the other seems infantile. And quite apart from anything else up until this point my relationship with both the Camp Commander and Paula had been pretty good. The evening we had spent with the Camp Commander had been amusing if nothing else and I didn

The End. . . the end!!! No it isn’t, I know you say you don’t care to discuss matters of the heart but there’s been a distinct love story flowing through this as deep and swift as the Maekong. Updates on Meiling to follow?

Great stuff Fox. :bravo:

Geez, I guess I’ll settle down, but at the moment it’s like reaching the end of a book you’ve pored over. Only in this case, I got the author online and I can demand more! :laughing:

HG

Thanks HG, and thanks for reading.

Meiling and I stayed together for a while longer until I came to Taiwan after returning to Australia to finish some study at university. When we came to Taiwan we raised a stack of money after the Rawandan massacres. She went to Rawanda to find projects for the money and met a Frenchmen. Then with him she went to the West Bank, later to France and ultimately to Polynesia.

Cheers again Fox. Many thanks for the postscript. I hope any wounds gathered through the process have since healed.

Bestest.

HG